White stuff falling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Woke up this morning to snow that fell overnight here in the MidWest, but not sufficient snow for the HOA to plough our driveways; They sent out a truck to spray the driveways with what appeared to be antifreeze.

Chris has been hoping we'll have a white Christmas. Next forecast snow is late next week, so Chris still has a chance of getting her wish.

Brrr...

Snow is predicted here in Timber Valley the end of this week.  We look forward to it because it makes everything so beautiful but doesn't stay around very long.

4-8 inches tonight in NH. Rene should I shovel your driveway????

Plenty of snow in mid Michigan Tom.

Roads are a complete mess. I skidded out earlier and ended up facing the other way. Even though I have winter tires and was in 4wd the journey was very dicey.

Aye Stephen, I saw some of those Michigan road conditions on TV. Glad you survived the skid out.

Thanks for the kind words Tom, I got some fright today. Luckily I was doing less than 30mph on a quiet road. I was heading for the ditch and had to take a fairly evasive manouver. I was in 4wd high but really should have been in 4low.

Looking forward to getting out cross country skiing soon.

Michigan winters are still a novelty for me coming from south coast of Ireland and the warming gulf stream.

Michigan winters are still a novelty for me coming from south coast of Ireland and the warming gulf stream.

I know what you mean. I'm an ex-pat Taff who has lived in California for 35+ years. Winters here in our part-time home (in the MidWest) are brrr.... cold.

I'm sure this is true everywhere, but folks get accustom to a way of driving. Around here, when the weather conditions change is when experience is a big factor! Many end up in a ditch when they don't change their driving habits pertaining to road conditions. 4WD and AWD doesn't mean no worries on snowy/icy roads. Happens every first snow we see in my neck of the woods. Owners of body shops smile all the way to the bank!

MI is getting hammered at the moment. Us natives know what to expect and cope. To all those traveling the state, please be careful.

Another Michigander here.  Just upped the expected totals to 12".  Ugh.  Lots of school closings, snow shoveling/plowing and bad driving conditions.  Can't wait until next year when we will be full-timers.  For now, I'm snug as a rug inside watching it come down.  It sure is pretty to look at.

Klc said:
Another Michigander here.  Just upped the expected totals to 12".  Ugh.  Lots of school closings, snow shoveling/plowing and bad driving conditions.  Can't wait until next year when we will be full-timers.  For now, I'm snug as a rug inside watching it come down.  It sure is pretty to look at.

Yeah, it's pretty to look at out my front window. I just wish it wasn't such a mess to clean up afterwards!  ;)

My niece spent several tours of duty at McMurdo Station and still loves snow in Montana.  I'm not as tough as she is, however, and love the snow melt following the storms in the Umpqua Basin of Oregon.

Tom and Margi said:
My niece spent several tours of duty at McMurdo Station and still loves snow in Montana.  I'm not as tough as she is, however, and love the snow melt following the storms in the Umpqua Basin of Oregon.

I was at McMurdo also. 25 years ago now but honestly.. I miss it, miss the challenges of Mother Nature.

Grew up in Estacada, Or. and know the Umpqua river area too. Use to fish that area as a kid.

Joe

Joe

All this talk about the white stuff made me jealous, so I made a trip out to the snowy white beaches here in Florida....

Cheers

that same blizzard hit us hard in so. Cal !

the temps dropped down to the low 60's..... I had to go around the motorhome do an emergency close of some of the windows.

It almost rained, luckily we got through it.  I hope you all stay warm and safe.  8)

What is this "white stuff" that you speak of?      8).............

Seriously, we get a small amount of snow here in the winter, but nothing like when I lived in IL.  The Smoky mountains are just 30 miles or so from our house and if I get to missing it too bad, I can always look out the back Windows and see that stuff.  That's close enough for me.  I'm a "hot and dusty" kind of guy.

Our fiver is parked, it would go down the driveway in a big hurry right now but getting back up could be a real challenge. ;D We have about 4" which is certainly manageable if only people would slow down and leave some distance.

xrated said:
What is this "white stuff" that you speak of?      8).............
Seriously, we get a small amount of snow here in the winter, but nothing like when I lived in IL.  The Smoky mountains are just 30 miles or so from our house and if I get to missing it too bad, I can always look out the back Windows and see that stuff.  That's close enough for me.  I'm a "hot and dusty" kind of guy.

Dandruff!!! :eek: ::) ;D

Back
Top Bottom