toad brake air line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailorkane

My saturn was equipped with invisibrake, which worked well.  But the saturn has died and a friend has an older jeep equipped for towing which we're buying.  The saturn used electrical connection for brakes.  My new motorhome has air brakes.  And the jeep has an air-activated Roadmaster Brakemaster system installed.  Only thing I need to do is run an air line from the coach service brake relay valve to the back of the coach.  Anyone have any idea where the service brake relay valve is, on a 2003 freightliner winnebago XL motorhome chassis?  And if it has a spare port for the added air line?  No tag axle.
I've done a ton of searches and so far only found reference to it and being "easy" to tap into.  I'm pretty handy, but have no clue about where stuff is on the motorhome. 

When I installed the air system on my motorhome,, I "t eed" into the right air line to the right rear brake baking plate and ran a 1/4 inch plastic line the rear skirt of the M/H.  There I install a bulkhead fitting and a quick release fitting outboard of the skirt.. My system is the M&G and the install was in keeping with instructions.>>>Dan  (That was 7 years of using it ago)

Dan, thanks for the post.  I actually also had a similar post in the Winnebago forum where I got more responses:
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,101448.0.html
In the end, I found a "balance line" between service brake relay valve and spring brake relay valve and Teed off that line.  It also carries air pressure when the service brake peddle is pressed.  Ran a 1/4" line to back bumper.  Very similar to what you did.  Mine was specific to Freightliner chassis, per M&G instructions.  I agree that their instructions are the best.  Total job, once I determined and tested that the balance line carried brake air, and after buying the Tee fitting, took about an hour.  Most of that was running the 1/4" line, with split loom and fastening the rear fitting to the hitch bracket at rear bumper.

Back
Top Bottom