Specifics please for Jeep Wrangler 2-door TOAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbradk

We don't have the RV yet - still shopping. But we do have a Wrangler 2-door and I'd like to wrap my head around what we'll need to tow this safely. What specific tow bar/setup is recommended? And I guess what aux braking system? If you have links to specific products with more info, that'd be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance!

There are many different kinds out there, but I will show you the one that I use (and many others here on the forum).  It is an aluminum tow bar rated to tow 8000# and has an incorporated braking system. The simplest and most economacal setup on the market IMHO. 

The tow bar system is called the Ready Brute Elite. Here is a link to their site where you can make up your own decisions.  For a tow plate I changed out the front bumper to a Rock Hard bumper which can have tow points easily bolted to the front.  Or another way to go is a tow plate made by Currie Enterprises.  I have used it as well and it also works great. 
http://www.readybrake.com

That's an interesting looking solution, thanks. I'll certain add that to the list to compare to others.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom