Retirement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
Well, it's official.  I will be joining the retirement ranks on January 7, 2017.  Although the company has expressed interest in my returning during February to install a new transmitter and orient my replacement.

Whoohoo!

That's great, Lou! I'm sure you'll have great time getting used to the new experiences. It might take a little while to get it straight in your mind that you do NOT have to go back to work in a week or so, but once you get there, life is good!  ;D

Good for you 8) It will take a while to get over having to get up on Monday morning. ;D I worked near Vancouver, when I watch the traffic report on the evening news I shudder to think I was part of that madness.

Do you think they'll finally let you really retire this time?  Seems like you've tried this before and they always reel you back in for one. more. time.  Congratulations, Lou!

Congratulations Lou!  I'm looking at retirement in about 1 1/2 years myself.

Just remember though, there is a down side to being retired......you NEVER have a schedules day off!  8)

Setting a date is half the battle!  And in your case, that may be true.  Hope you finally get to go FULLY retired and not just half way!  I'm glad for you 'cause you've been trying for a while.

ArdraF

Congrats, Lou. Make it happen for real this time!

That doesn't mean you shouldn't do the part-time gig afterwards, but do it as a retired guy helping out, not a regular employee.

You'll be able to go around telling people "Every day is pay day and every payday, you have off".  Congrats

Congrats!!!  :D I retired on May 1st, and have not worked since 1/25. Every day is Saturday.  ;D I have to look at my phone sometimes to see what day it is.  :eek: I don't have that much free time any more. All the projects that I never had time for, are now getting done.  :p I need to take time for my hobbies. Like going to the range to shoot, doing trackdays with the sports car, spending time on the bike. Hopefully, you will take time for your hobbies first and projects second. That's my goal for next year. LOL

Thanks everyone!  First stop will be spending some time in Pahrump getting things set up on my co-op lot, then down to Quartzsite for the RV Rally, etc.

Then I'll probably hang around Yuma for a while until the radio station decides if/when they want me to come back for part of February.

I'll be doing the sound setups at the Tucson Escapade in March.

After that, who knows?  Some of the places the RV Singles group are heading this summer look interesting.  Or maybe I'll just kick back and get caught up on some hobby projects I've been putting off for a while.

One thing I won't miss is arranging my life around the ever present greater Los Angeles area traffic!

Congratulations Lou! I can sympathize with the "just a little longer" problem. My solution was to go half time as a consultant (keeping the noncompete and health care) and then keep raising my hourly rate until they finally hired my replacements. Just stick to your guns.

Ernie

If you are going to  keep helping out talk to Ken Kuch, he has that system down pat.

Get Ready Lou!!!!!  You're fixin to get real busy!!!!  I've been retired 7 years and haven't had time to spit!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom