Please Help with Phoenix AZ area questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobinsBill

Greetings Forum!
My daughter booked their hotel at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort.. it's non refundable...
The address is 7677 N 16th St Phoenix, AZ
Does someone know the area well enough to know if there is a very nearby RV park???
Or even better, just a place to Park???
Thanks for any suggestions at all...  We really, really want to see them and our little grandson as much as possible in the little time they will have there.  Please, Please, Please Help!

Deset Shadows RV Park I found on a Google search. 30 minutes away from that hotel.  I suggest using some of the websites to locate a park that suits you. All stays,  good sam,  Wheelers guides etc. Good luck

I Googled that address and came up with a couple. Desert Sands RV Park and Desert Shadow RV Resort.
Here's one of them:  http://www.campingfriend.com/desertsandsrvpark/

Don't know how far away they are from where you want to visit.

How about calling the Resort your daughter is going to and ask them to recommend a campground in the area. They may have provisions for you on site. It may be worth a call. 

Update: You beat me Jackie.  ;D :D ;)

Desert Shadows had better review ratings so I ignored the other one. Good idea about calling the hotel Rene  ;D

thanks! Yes, tomorrow I will call the resort...  In the past such as when we went to Great Wolf lodge in WA, they let us boondock right in the parking lot.  This resort in Phoenix looks a little busy and tight.  Scary...
I thought some of you might know if there is boondocking available towards the mountain there?

One tool I use is Google maps.

Open Maps.

Paste in the address.

Once the map finishes loading type in camp ground (or whatever you are looking for) in the map search box.

Both Desert Sands & Desert Shadows RV Parks could easily be over 30-minute drive from Point Hilton Squaw Peak Resort because of their locations and potential traffic in between.  Also, both are not in the best of neighborhoods, not terrible but I would think about it.  Generally the better RV parks in Phoenix are north of the 101 and also in Mesa, AZ both areas will require a bit more travel, especially Mesa.

Hi Mark,

markbarendt said:
Great tool.

Glad you like it. We find that between it and freecampsites.net and all things Google (maps, earth, search, etc) our camp research needs are pretty much attended to.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Thanks again... Yes, I utilize all those resources. I just thought someone might have some secret little gem they know of.  I truly wish my daughter would not have booked a very expensive non refundable in a horrible busy city hotel, based on purdy online photos. ?
Now we are just trying to make the best of it.

I'm guessing we could probably find an RV park further south and close to a main freeway instead of going into the busy city, and still have about the same drive time???

google and see if here is a WalMart near the hotel, call them to see if they allow overnight, and distance to hotel.

That area is highly urbanized and I know of no parks nearby. Closest would probably be in Scottsdale. There may be a Maricopa park with RV sites near but I can't think of any.
RichH

RobinsBill said:
I'm guessing we could probably find an RV park further south and close to a main freeway instead of going into the busy city, and still have about the same drive time???

The City center is to the south so that would be far worse. Using the 51 north to the 101 it will be an easy drive EXCEPT rush hour. There are I think 5 parks near the 101 and I-17, but Desert Shadows seems to be the best.

ken

Back
Top Bottom