Berkeley, CA - Newbie needs some tips/hints

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDub612

Hello All!

I am tossing around the idea of becoming a Full Time RVer.  I have no experience at all in this.  So thought I would rent a few times and see if my fantasy is as enjoyable in reality as it is in my head.

One trip I am thinking of, is to tie it with my niece's graduation from UC Berkeley in May.  As I am from CT and know nothing about Northern CA, I look to your guidance.  Any suggestions on places to park that may be "close" to that area?  I will have transportation to take me to and from my location/university.

Appreciate your time and assistance as I see if I can make this work.

JW

Hi JW, welcome to The RV Forum!

I used to live in that area and probably the closest RV park to Berkeley in terms of driving time is across the bay in Greenbrae.  Marin RV Park is adjacent to the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge and outside of commute times it's about 30 minutes from there to UC Berkeley.

Another possibility is the Alameda County Fairgrounds RV Park in Pleasanton.  It's a little further by car but you could take the BART train to Berkeley instead of driving.

A good resource for finding campgrounds and RV parks is rvparkreviews.com.  Zoom in on the map or use the city/state list and it will show you all of the parks in the area along with user reviews.

Once you find a park you're interested in, you can go to the park's website or click on "View on Google Maps" and see a satellite view of the park and the surrounding areas.

Lou, thank you for all the great tips!  You have set me off in a great direction!  Appreciate it all!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom