Happiest or saddest day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Sold the coach and accepted payment today.  Not sure whether to be doing the Happy Dance  ;D  or shedding tears!  :'(    The coach remains here until 12/31, but ownership changed today. Then it travels to its new home in Delaware.  We have lots of memories, of course, but the loss of the big icon from the side yard is going to be strange for awhile. Won't miss the payments, though, or the expected "unexpected repairs" that showed up on a regular basis, or the big bill at fuel stations.

So, today is the first day of the rest of our lives. In the future we will travel by car, stay overnight in motels, and rent cottages instead of campsites for the summer. Unlike some, we find that a comfortable mode of travel as well. We already have our place in Black Mountain (NC) reserved for next summer, so the future is well in hand.

Congratulations and commiserations Gary. Someone gets a really nice coach that's been well looked after and received a lot of TLC.

Congratulations on the next chapter of adventures Gary.
I am curious. Not asking names of course, but was the purchaser a participant on this forum?
If not, how did the lucky chap find your rig?

Gary, that was a beautiful coach. Glad you sold it only because that's what you decided you needed to do, and sorry for the circumstances that brought you to that point. Someday all of us will have to make the decision that, for a variety of reasons, it no longer makes sense to keep the RV. When the time comes I hope I can make the transition as graciously as you have.

Happiest or saddest day?  Both.  I remember the feeling vividly.  Your future plans sound exciting.  Congrats on the sale.

I wish it was coming to my home in Delaware. Glad you found a buyer Gary, I'm really surprised it took this long to sell.

Just keep in mind that there are plenty of cottages and B&Bs out there who would love to have you guys stop in.
We have always done the B&B circuit. Even ran one for a while. It can be great.

I can understand the mixed emotions.  Good luck on your new life style.

I understand, we are in the transition from a stationary address to a variable and leaving the other old life behind.

Enjoy your new path.

Sure glad things are working out for y'all. Wishing y'all the best in the future.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Jerry & Patsy

I am curious. Not asking names of course, but was the purchaser a participant on this forum?
If not, how did the lucky chap find your rig?

The buyer was not from this forum, or actually from any forum. He is a friend of someone I am acquainted with over at irv2.com and learned about the ad I posted over there from the friend. He contacted me directly for more information and the rest is history. A very careful buyer who did his homework well, having both engine and genset oil & coolant analyzed, plus I provided a recent tranny fluid analysis that I had. He and his wife flew down to my place to inspect everything, and he had researched the year & model so that he was familiar with its features.

I had only one inquiry from a member here. Rather disappointing, actually, but I guess my rig was out many people's price range.

Congrats !
We just did something similar but in our case it was with travel trailers.

We live in the NC mountains and for the past fifteen years have wintered in the Florida Keys.
Last year we found a deal that we couldn't refuse and bought a RV site in Key Largo and this year we hauled our travel trailer down for the last time.
We bought a brand new 2017 40 footer and hauled it into the site where it will stay permanently.
We put our old one (which was in mint condition) in storage and put it up for sale. The second person that looked at it bought it .
We are now in the new one on our own site and it will seem very odd to be driving the pick up truck back to NC in April with no trailer behind it.
Like yourself; in the future we'll have to use motels as we go back and forth and to other places, but I won't miss the worry of having a trailer behind me.

Jack L

Gary, wait until you start paying hotel/motel bills, doing the bag drag in and out of them and paying for all those meals out. Then maybe those RV bills won't look so bad.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

We sold our 2003 Allegro Bus coach in October.  I listed it on RV Trader and it sold in 2 days.  Prior to that, we had it on Dream Finders.com and I had it listed in our "for Sale" section here, with a few nibbles with both of those listings. 

Like Gary, my buyer had done his homework and research.  He knew what he wanted.  Flew out from Atlanta, Georgia and drove it home a couple of days later.

I was miserable during the entire selling process as I didn't want to sell, but my husband did.  So now we are having a park model built to our specifications and put on our permanent RV lot in Wyoming.  We also bought a small travel trailer; a Heartland Mallard.  I don't like lugging baggage in and out of motels.  For the last couple of years we have been missing just plain ole camping.  So now with our little 24' we can get into fly fishing campgrounds, travel on dirt roads and use it to go back and forth to Wyoming from California.

I'm adjusting...... 8)

Life moves on.  We miss our MH, but we also love the flexibility that SUV only allows us.  We have taken back roads  over which the MH would not go.  We spent 4 days in Manhatten on our way south last month, and there is no way that MH & Toad would have easily navigated the NYC congestion.
    Motels are not your MH but continental breakfasts take some of the sting out of using them.  The good thing is, if you really don't like the alternative you can always get another MH even if it a small one.

Ed

It's wonderful that it all came together for you so that life can move on - but darn it, we'll miss "maybe" running into you and Nancy somewhere along the way!  On the other hand, it sounds like you've found a good alternative that will provide still more adventures.  Enjoy it all!  And we'll look forward to hearing about those new adventures.

ArdraF

I'd like to add our congratulations, Gary.  Frankly, I am surprised it took this long to sell. I figured a week or two at most. Gorgeous coach and lucky buyer!
Best of luck to you and Nancy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom