Happiest or saddest day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Luck with the rest of your life!  There is always an upside and downside that we must think out thoroughly before we feel comfortable with making a big decision as that.  After following your posts for the last 10 years that I have been on the Forum, I'm certain that thoroughly did your homework and made the best decision.  Good Luck! 

We actually don't much mind the motel shuffle - we long ago perfected our baggage technique for overnight motel stays and it's not much different an effort than setup/takedown at a campsite. Just different things to do.  But that's just us - some friends we have traveled with don't seem to be able to stay overnight in a motel without carrying in several suitcases & bags. Maybe it's a matter of organization?

We also find that motel & restaurant costs aren't much different than RV total cost of ownership + campground costs.  The cash outlay is more obvious when you pay motel & restaurants daily, but when we add up the annual cost of RV ownership/travel, the amount is enough to pay for many, many days in motels. And we eat in restaurants often in either case. For us, probably the largest extra piece of work is moving our cat in & out of motels when she travels with us to our summer home.

Gary, sounds like things are working out well, and most of all we hope to continue seeing your helpful posts.

Gary RV Roamer said:
I'm planning to stay involved here. Where else can I lecture a large audience all the time?  And I still write the occasional magazine article as well.

Gary, can you hear the large, collective, sigh of relief ?  :D

Gary, prayers for you and Nancy during this transition, and I am so thankful for you both.  Strength & blessings to you both in the New Year!

Congrats on the sale!

Gary [RVer Emeritus] said:
We also find that motel & restaurant costs aren't much different than RV total cost of ownership + campground costs.  The cash outlay is more obvious when you pay motel & restaurants daily, but when we add up the annual cost of RV ownership/travel, the amount is enough to pay for many, many days in motels. And we eat in restaurants often in either case. For us, probably the largest extra piece of work is moving our cat in & out of motels when she travels with us to our summer home.

I have always felt/said RVing was not cheaper.  Just most liked it.
In my case, there are few motels where I like to be and in many cases NO motels, so an RV is the only way to go.  TENT?--DW will have NONE of that...lol

You and your wife, are a loving soulmates for life couple....doing the right thing for each other, it is to envy that type of love.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom