crack near corner of window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobg1946

just found a crack in body about 1+1/2 in. long near top left corner of passenger window in back of mh. c class.? ?starting to get really worried about this.? is there something i can do about this?? ? ? ? ? ? ?appreciate any help

Contact a glass repair company like Safelite and they may be able to stop the crack from spreading.  Your insurance will quite likely cover the repair.  Don't wait too long as cracks can suddenly lengthen if not treated.

Ned,

I think he was saying that the crack is in the body of the coach, not the window.

DonJordan said:
I think he was saying that the crack is in the body of the coach, not the window.

In that case, never mind :)  Others are more experienced in body repair.

bobg1946 said:
just found a crack in body about 1+1/2 in. long near top left corner of passenger window in back of mh. c class.? ?starting to get really worried about this.? is there something i can do about this?? ? ? ? ? ? ?appreciate any help

If the crack is in fiberglass I would recommend finding somebody experienced in fiberglass repair.  What brand coach is it and how old is it?  If it is still under warranty or close I would take it to the dealer.  In any case might be a good idea to call the manufacturer to see if they have had similar reports and what corrective action they suggest.

To prevent the crack from lengthening while you find a place or the time to get the repair done, drill a small round hole at each end of the crack; 1/8th inch or 3/16ths inch hole should do the trick, or use whatever drill size is necessary to completely 'cover' the crack. This is a tried and true method used by many racecar mechanics on fiberglass body cracks.

bobg1946 said:
just found a crack in body about 1+1/2 in. long near top left corner of passenger window in back of mh. c class.  starting to get really worried about this.  is there something i can do about this?            appreciate any help

If the crack is in the fiberglass I would contact the MFG and arrange to have it addressed. If the coach is under warranty they should cover the expense. If it is in the glass it might be due to undo stress on the windshield due to jacking. If you have a 3 point jack system, be sure the front jack is raised a slight amount to ensure you are off the frame. If you have a 4 point system that allows each jack to be manipulated individually, make sure you don't over extend any one of the jacks. Most 4 point systems today only allow you to operate two jacks at a time so you don't cause undo stress on the coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom