EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Replacement of lost FL DL...  (Read 1067 times)

carolinesqueaky

• ---
Replacement of lost FL DL...
« on: December 18, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »
I was last a resident of FL and am having some issues about the best way to proceed full-time into the RVing lifestyle...
I sold my FL home in 2015 and have been out of the US since that time.  Having misplaced my FL license (though it is still current and showing my old address)  I've looked into "establishing domicile" in FL, though am assuming that technically, I am still registered there.. and wonder, how might I replace my DL with no current fixed abode?  It feels as though I'm in a bit of a catch 22 situation!

I'm a new member with Escapees and am thinking that there's some way around it all by signing up with a mail forwarding service, through them, with their FL address???

glen54737

• ---
  • My camping buddy
Re: Replacement of lost FL DL...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 06:22:11 AM »
I would think you could do it online. If it's current all you should need is an address to send the new one to, and the fee of course. :)
2018 Thor Miramar 35.2
2015 F-350 CC short box 6.7l 3.55 axle
2015 Alpine 3510RE-sold

Glen,Nene
Mickey & Jayco (yorkies)

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 08:23:12 AM »
Since youre not at the address listed on your license, you would probably have to go down to an office in person with some sort of IDs showing that you are the same person as who is on the license.
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 08:27:36 AM »
Since youre not at the address listed on your license, you would probably have to go down to an office in person with some sort of IDs showing that you are the same person as who is on the license.

Doing this will likely mean that you will be obliged to give them a new address.... Most likely they won't issue a FL DL without having a good Florida address. (Don't know about a PO Box as an address, some states accept it, others may not.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:33:07 AM by Alfa38User »
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »
Everything is explained at the Florida DHSMV website. It can be done online, including mail to your current address (in the USA). Does not have to be a Florida address either.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/replace.html
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 10:16:39 AM »
If you want a Florida address or DL info, contact the folks at SBI Mail Service in Green Cove Springs  https://www.sbimailservice.com/ . Click on "Become a Florida Resident" tab and then the "Learn More" link. There you will find more links to all kinds of stuff including FL driver license.
Bruce A.
2004 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK 5W
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 10:47:25 AM »
Your answer may vary from state to State.. My License expieres .. Soon.. Too soon for me to return home and renew it, So I E-mailed, they gave me a phone number to call.. I went to town so the phone would work, and called, And I can tell you it was one of the most pleasant conversations I've even had with a Government officials save for the one who told me "You are hired".   I now have "License Extension.PDF" on my hard drive, and when the time comes I'll print, sign and staple.. My licnse now expieres in mid-Summer when I will be in Michigan.

Also, if you are in the correct state, that works,, but you do wish to go into the office, that way you get "instant satisfaction" not an E-mail and wait a week or 2 for paper...

Drivers liscense offices are Kind of like sod farms.. you know.. Instant grassification.

Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 12:22:31 PM »
Have you applied for auto insurance yet? 

Had some friends who lived in Europe a couple years and they had to pay a bunch to get car insurance when they got back to the USA.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
I'm a new member with Escapees and am thinking that there's some way around it all by signing up with a mail forwarding service, through them, with their FL address???

Yes, Texas also is a no-income tax state which can make a financial dent in one's income.  By using Escapees for mail you also can become an official Texas resident for taxes, vehicle registration, voting, etc.  It is legal while many of the other states are in gray areas when they set up LLCs and such for RVers.  Many RVers call Livingston TX home.  I'm no expert on the subject but am thinking that because you sold your FL home you no longer have a valid FL address which would give you the option of declaring a new domicile state.  Just make sure you do your homework before deciding because various states can be more desirable than others, depending on what's most important for you such as taxes, inheritance laws, etc.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

carolinesqueaky

• ---
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 01:39:43 PM »
Thanks for the advice all!

My FL DL made an appearance and so I won't have to worry about the hassles of replacing it... Thank the Lord! :)

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 03:32:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice all!

My FL DL made an appearance and so I won't have to worry about the hassles of replacing it... Thank the Lord! :)

FYI, FL law requires that DMV be notified of current valid address.
Bruce A.
2004 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK 5W
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

Hosted by Over The Network