Looking for miniature string/rope cleat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I have a window shade that's retracted by pulling on two small nylon strings. The problem is getting the strings to lock when the shade is all the way up. I'm looking for a small miniature cleat.  Something around 1" to 1-1/2" long and would be held to the wall with a couple of flat head screws. Don't care on material. Can be steel, brass or plastic. I've looked online and came up empty handed.

Try Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.  I think I found mine a couple years ago at one of the craft stores.

Sun2Retire said:
Might find something here

I found that site earlier but found that there were no holes for screws. I guess I could always drill and countersink some holes. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.  I'd have to wait till I get home in the spring. I have all the tools there to drill them there. I don't here. I'd like something now. I think Lowe's has some about 2 1/2" long in brass. I could always shorten them. I'm going to check tomorrow or the day after.

winona said:
Try Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.  I think I found mine a couple years ago at one of the craft stores.

I was at Hobby Lobby 3 hours ago and never thought of looking for cleats. I had to get something else.
Guess I'll have to go back. Thanks.

Take two coat sized buttons, drill a hole in the centers, mount them so they appose each other, screw them in to the metal of the window frame/trim.

Pull the shade up, take a couple turns around the buttons. Whala ?

Jus' say'n ?

Worked fer me.  ;) :)

Small plastic cleats as used on sailing dinghies can be found in most marine stores.

blw2 said:
should be able to find them at lowes / home depot I would think.

I did go to Lowe's a short time ago and they had one for $1.75 out of steel. It may be brass chrome plated. It's a little long, but I'll be able to cut off maybe a 1/2" off each leg.
Thanks everyone for your ideas especially yours BIG JOE.

Though I had one from an old slated blind, but couldn't find it in the tickle trunk.  Will look better in the daylight tomorrow.  You might try asking at the blind department of Home Depot or Lowes they often keep odd parts to replace broken pieces.

Ed

Rene,

How many do you need?  I found one in my shop. I had six of them last month. We put up new blinds and there was one packed with each blind. I didn't have a need for them so I through them out. Guess I missed this one.

This one is clear plastic, 2.5 inches long tip to tip. Has two holes for mounting in center.

I'm in Camp Verde, AZ. if you're close or send me your address by PM and I'll mail it to you.

You could also try to find a store that specializes in blinds. They probably have them laying around and would give you one.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Rene,

How many do you need?  I found one in my shop. I had six of them last month. We put up new blinds and there was one packed with each blind. I didn't have a need for them so I through them out. Guess I missed this one.

This one is clear plastic, 2.5 inches long tip to tip. Has two holes for mounting in center.

I'm in Camp Verde, AZ. if you're close or send me your address by PM and I'll mail it to you.

You could also try to find a store that specializes in blinds. They probably have them laying around and would give you one.

Thanks for the offer Don. I think I'm just going to buy the one from Lowe's and go from there. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom