Damon owners (current or previous)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

stephenm

Hi all,

Looking to hear from current or previous Damon owners, what was the good and the bad about the specific rig you used.
I have 2005 Damon Daybreak 3270F, as its my first motor home I do not have anything to compare it against.

Please only reply if you have direct experience with using the brand.

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi SeilerBird,

Glad to hear, would you say the Challenger is better constructed than the Daybreak?

I know you always say, floorplan, floorplan, floorplan.

I do really like the floorplan on our Daybreak 3270F, my wife loves us having two sofas.

Attachments

• daybreakfloorplan.JPG
    daybreakfloorplan.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 28
It think this listing goes from Damon's entry level to top of their line in order as you read down.
https://thormotorcoach.com/damonrv/

That looks about right, I know my rig is an entry level one.

I have a 1994 Damon Intruder.  One issue is they used OSB board for the floor - fine unless it gets wet, then it loses it's strength.  My water pump sprung a leak and soaked the carpeting in the hallway.  By the time I discovered the leak and got it dried out the OSB floor underneath turned to mush and even though it was now dry, when I stepped on it, it ripped apart.  I wound up cutting out the damaged part and replacing it.

I have no idea what they're using in current coaches.

Thanks for the reply Lou.

I not sure whats on my floor.

We just recently traded our Coachmen santara in for a 2008 Damon Outlaw Toyhauler.  We put 1200 miles on it during the trip home so we dont have tons of experience with it, but I also have 2 friends that own Outlaws as well, and have gotten tons of feedback from them before making our purchase..
Ours is built on the Ford chassis with the v-10 motor. 2008 so has the 5 speed allison tranny.

I have been slowly working on some mod's for it to make it more our own... 

Added a 4in memory foam topper in the loft bed.
Added more e-track in the garage
added another cabinet
switched all lights to LED.
Built a few cupholder/mapholders for front and rear.
Am in the process of adding a inverter to it.
and Have a list of a dozen other things to try and get done by spring/summer.. LOL

Bob

Attachments

• couch mh 001.jpg
    couch mh 001.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 16
That looks like a great rig Bob. The garage is so cool.

I changed out our mattress for a new memory foam one. Also changed most of the interior lights for Led.

I added a Road master steer bar on the front, Tpms, gps, Scangauge, and battery monitor.

Also added a charge contoller for use with two 100w portable solar panels.

Lou Schneider said:
I have a 1994 Damon Intruder.  One issue is they used OSB board for the floor - fine unless it gets wet, then it loses it's strength.  My water pump sprung a leak and soaked the carpeting in the hallway.  By the time I discovered the leak and got it dried out the OSB floor underneath turned to mush and even though it was now dry, when I stepped on it, it ripped apart.  I wound up cutting out the damaged part and replacing it.

I have no idea what they're using in current coaches.

Hi Lou,

I called Thor and was told the 2005 Daybreak uses marine grade in the flooring.

I have a 2003 Damon intruder. I have owned it for only 1 year. We have done 2 trips from ontario to florida without any major issues. I feel it well put together useing decent products. We are preparing to travel to California soon. The drivetrain works very well, 8.1 with Alison Tranny. I have spent a bit to get her I better shape but so far I am happy

Hi Trophy,

I have seen a few Intruders and they are a nice looking rig.
We live in Michigan and keeping our trips in state for now.
I would love to do a multi week trip at some stage.

Hi stephenm. We will be taking 3 months to travel to California and back to florida. So will be easy driving days. I believe we will do 300 miles maximum. Not fun doing 500 per day we had to do to get to Florida.

Hi Trophy,

I think about 200 miles is what I have done so far. I agree 300 miles a day would be my limit also.

I have a 2007 Daybreak 3270 and I  really like the floor plan also. I made one change and that was to take out the curb side couch and put in a free standing chair and small table in it's place. Makes it a lot easier for two people to watch the overhead TV. I have found the quality of the coach to be fine, much better built than the trailer I used to tow, but I did make some changes to the chassis that really helped. I assume yours is on the Ford F53 chassis like mine but Koni FSD shocks, a rear track bar, and proper air pressure in the tires made a big difference.
    The body decals are a problem. Every year I have one or two replaced as they wear. Full body paint would have been nice but if I keep up with the wear it still looks new. Overall I am very pleased with my coach. I just wish I would see more of them when I go to an RV park. I guess they didn't make a whole bunch of them.

motoxbob said:
I have a 2007 Daybreak 3270 and I  really like the floor plan also. I made one change and that was to take out the curb side couch and put in a free standing chair and small table in it's place. Makes it a lot easier for two people to watch the overhead TV. I have found the quality of the coach to be fine, much better built than the trailer I used to tow, but I did make some changes to the chassis that really helped. I assume yours is on the Ford F53 chassis like mine but Koni FSD shocks, a rear track bar, and proper air pressure in the tires made a big difference.
    The body decals are a problem. Every year I have one or two replaced as they wear. Full body paint would have been nice but if I keep up with the wear it still looks new. Overall I am very pleased with my coach. I just wish I would see more of them when I go to an RV park. I guess they didn't make a whole bunch of them.

Hi Moto,

I replaced my TV also with a 32" Lcd I had at home.

My decals are not in bad condition at all, mainly some scratching on the front. I would definitely go for full body paint for my next rig.

I was at a local truck shop getting the  Roadmaster reflex fitted and I asked what condition my shocks were in.  I was told if they needed replacing I would know it. When I go over a railway crossing it bounces just once normally, or twice if I am going fast.

I have seen 2 day breaks in my neighborhood but have never seen one at a camp ground, did park next to a challenger recently.

We find the curb side couch much more comfortable than the drivers side one. It's seems the back part of the drivers side sofa is too full and the sofa is not as wide.

Edit: Mine is indeed the f53.

Attachments

• 2016-12-21 08.22.25.jpg
    2016-12-21 08.22.25.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back