Moving South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

A post from a friend of mine: "Jan's brother Bob has a wonderful sense of humor. He and his wife have lived off the grid in Michigan's UP in the Town of Big Bay on Lake Superior 30 miles north of Marquette. Their home was five miles out of the town (pop. 300) and a mile through the woods on a two-track trail. In the winter, they left their truck on the county road (plowed) a mile snowshoe or ski from their house that had wood heat, solar dc power, and kerosene lights. This was a way of life for them for the past 25 years. Bob is now 67, and they wanted a less difficult winter...so Bob surprised us by telling us they had bought a second home in the south. The south turned out to be a home on Beaver Island in northern Lake Michigan a two hour ferry ride from shore! We spoke to him this morning, and he told us they have, for the first time in 25 years, lights on their Christmas tree now that they have electricity, AND a TV! I said to him..."Welcome to the 21st Century". He said.."Thank you! I got here as fast as I could.""

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom