Mini Rally to be held January 17, 2017 Lakeland Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

So here it is, 12 Noon on January 17, 2017 at Smokey Bones.  Rene will post directions, all welcome, but please let us know so that we can make reservations.

Ed

I thought that I could change the Subject line to reflect this has gone from plan to scheduled get together, but unfortunately it only changed it on the post.  To see directions, here is the link to the original post:  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,101101.msg911317.html#msg911317

The directions are, take Exit 32 off I-4. If you're coming from Orlando, take right at end of ramp. Go north on 98 about 1/4 mile.  Smokey Bones will be on right.

If you're coming from Tampa, take left at end of ramp and go under I-4. Go north on 98 about 1/4 mile. Smokey Bones will be on right.

If you could, please let me know if you intend to attend so I can give the restaurant a somewhat of a head count. Thanks.

If you know of anyone else wants to come, that's fine. They don't have to be RV'ers. 

Se you all on January 17th @ 12:00.

I just realized that this lunch mini rally will be occurring on day 1 of the Florida RV SuperShow.  The restaurant is just under 30 miles from the Fairgrounds, so to anyone who is setting up to go to the show it would be an easy side trip to meet or renew Forum friendships.  The only request is to let us know if you will attend so that we can make reservations.

Ed

Just received an E-Mail from another member who's coming along with his spouse. So Far we have 11 people indicating they attend the second annual Forum rally. If this keeps going, next year we may have to hold it at the FL State Fairgrounds.  ;D :D ;)
Any other members wishing to come or even friends, please send me an E-Mail so I can give a head count to the restaurant.

Rene T said:
Just received an E-Mail from another member who's coming along with his spouse. So Far we have 11 people indicating they attend the second annual Forum rally. If this keeps going, next year we may have to hold it at the FL State Fairgrounds.  ;D :D ;)
Any other members wishing to come or even friends, please send me an E-Mail so I can give a head count to the restaurant.
Bruce emailed me and asked me if the rally was still on so I sent him a link. I am thrilled that this is becoming an annual event right here in my backyard since I can't make it to Q anymore. Love the fairgrounds idea.

Hfx_Cdn said:
    The more the merrier.  Hope a few more decide to join in  :)

Ed

Ed, if we get many more you may have to check on the availability of the fairgrounds for this year.  :eek: ::) ;)

I'm sure the RV Supershow would provide us with a room in which to meet.  I haven't seen anyone post on the Forum that they are attending the Show, so we have no takers to join us.

Ed

Tom--What do you estimate the travel time would be from Ocala?  I was thinking of going down I75 to I4.

Google maps shows 3 routes, from 85 to 95 miles, and none of them show going all the way down to I 4.  The shortest is I 74 to 471 to 98 to Smokey Bones which is on 09 in Lakeland.  They all show a bit less than 2 hour driving time with normal traffic conditions.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    I'm sure the RV Supershow would provide us with a room in which to meet.  I haven't seen anyone post on the Forum that they are attending the Show, so we have no takers to join us.

Ed

Still have 10 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom