Slide out codes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2011winnie

Took my 2011 Winnebago Access Premier 31JP out getting it ready for a trip.
Went to extend driver side slide but it stopped after a few inches. Panel was showing 5 red and 2 green light codes.
I over rode the panel as instructed and retracted the slide. Panel is now flashing fault.
Any ideas or do I need to take it to a shop?  Thanks

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

RE: PowerGear slides... A 5-Flash followed by a 1 or 2-Flash is usually caused by low batteries, so the first thing you should do is make sure your batteries are healthy and fully charged. Our 2011 coach requires the engine to be idling while the slides are being operated - the owners manual specifically says not to operate the slides on battery power alone. Yours may be different. It sounds like you've already pushed the little "Reset" button on the circiut board - id f so, do this...

1. Turn the chassis battery disconnect switch off for at least 30 seconds, then back on
2. Start the RV's engine
3.Try deploying the slide again.

Kev

Thanks guys, The coach was running when I tried it. I did what you suggested shutting the batteries of then on. I wondering if the coach batteries are just spent.....That's my next move. I had the coach batteries turned off and it was very cold prior to turning them on again.
I'll let you know what I find out....Thanks again!!

Yep, They are the original. Picking up two new ones tomorrow.  Hopefully this is the problem.

Kevin Means said:
RE: PowerGear slides... A 5-Flash followed by a 1 or 2-Flash is usually caused by low batteries, so the first thing you should do is make sure your batteries are healthy and fully charged. Our 2011 coach requires the engine to be idling while the slides are being operated - the owners manual specifically says not to operate the slides on battery power alone. Yours may be different. It sounds like you've already pushed the little "Reset" button on the circiut board - id f so, do this...

1. Turn the chassis battery disconnect switch off for at least 30 seconds, then back on
2. Start the RV's engine
3.Try deploying the slide again.

Kev

Well they must make units different for a lot of vehicles.

On my MH, I have to dump the air (at least some) before I can extend the jacks to get it level -
which is what it's supposed to be, before the slides are extended.
When the engine is started the air bags fill up and raise the vehicle back up, which is likely to take it out of level.

So I always (so far) lower the jacks to level the coach and then extend or retract the slides, only with the
key in the Accessories position and the engine off.

I assume the 2011 Winnies work differently and the air bags don't automatically fill when the engine is started. 
Is there a switch to raise the coach and that is why you can run the engine for power while the slides go in or out?

RedandSilver said:
Well they must make units different for a lot of vehicles.

I assume the 2011 Winnies work differently and the air bags don't automatically fill when the engine is started. 
Is there a switch to raise the coach and that is why you can run the engine for power while the slides go in or out?
That's correct - different manufacturers have used different safety interlocks and procedures for deploying jacks and slides over the years.

Our air bags DO inflate when the engine is started, however when leveling the coach, our HWH leveling system gives us different options. When the engine is idling, we can manually lower the jacks and leave the air bags inflated, which leaves the coach sitting pretty high, or we can use the Auto-Level feature. The first thing that happens when you push the Auto-Level button is, all the air is dumped out of the air bags - even while the engine is idling. Then the jacks are lowered and the coach auto-levels. That's what we do 99% of the time. So yes, our engine can be running while our air bags are deflated.

Kev

Nope, no levelers on this one.

As I suspected the two batteries were original and both were shot.
I put two new ones in today, the 5 red and 2 green code flashes stopped.......but
I now have 1 red flash and 1 green flash alternating.

I hit the reset button for 5 seconds, no luck.
I shut the coach batteries off for a little while, no luck.

It was getting cold so I just skimmed over the manual again, it mentions that the "stops" have to be reprogrammed.
Getting dark so playing around with slides has to wait for another day.

If anyone knows what the 1 red and 1 green light flashes mean, please let me know.

Wishing you all a Happy and safe New Year !!

You should have replaced the chassis battery as well. When it fails, it will be a sudden event with probably no or little warning. As the lead plates age and go through charge/discharge cycles they will sluff off lead which will accumulate on the bottom. Once the lead detritus reaches the bottom of the plates, it will short them out.

Had coach batteries off for a few days, turned back on and still getting one red flash, then one green flash. Tried to reset but still the same. Tried with engine running, nothing changed. The weather is not great right now to experiment. I have an appointment next week. I don't want to screw anything up. I'm hoping it's just some "reset procedure".

UPDATE  RV service said rear motor was bad and needs replaced.

Don't have any estimate as they haven't checked on part price yet. I thought that was unusual.
Part # listed on service sheet is #1510000042 and comes up on ebay.
Other numbers with no explanation are B01D06286 and S#10A0002

Anyone have any idea on what changing a motor out might cost?
Any ideas on the other numbers listed?

Also, their diagnostic charge was $130.00 which seem a bit high.

Probably most shops have a minimum diagnostic charge - looks like their charge is for an hour of labor. How easy is it to access the motor? If easy, probably one hour of labor. If difficult, who knows.

You say you found the part number on eBay - what was their price?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom