EPDM Roof Install Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC2005MaxLite

Wife and I just completed new EPDM roof install for our 26' Max-Lite TT. The roofing materials were purchased as a kit from flatroofsolutions.com. Total cost for tools and materials under $1000. As we don't do projects of this caliber often, it took much longer than 60 hours we had estimated.  All high level work tasks were tracked and accounted for 147 actual hours start to finish. A copy of the WBS and lessons learned can be reviewed here.

I will upload pics soon.

[Update] Buying a used RV was wife's idea and she contributed a lot a work to complete the install. She also took strategic shots to show removal and installation of key components. Staging area for organizing pics here. Will take me a few days to document them.

For motivation, we obtained two quotes from local RV shops residing in Florida, $5500 and $7000. Using the costs saved by DIY, I was able to purchase a new A/C, 3 electric vents, awning and slide-out topper fabrics. She is pleased with the outcome as we are camping in WDW for Christmas :)

Excellent documentation.  It should give folks a basic info on the amount of time and work to perform the task.  It certainly lets us know its no simple task.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Larry and Joe,

We wanted to share another real experience with others so they can make an informed decision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom