Old dog, slick steps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

markbarendt

So we have an older dog, 14 & small at about 20#.

The entry steps on our coach have the sandpaper tape already but it's still a bit slick for him.

The steps being black are a bit tough to see too when dark out. (Not just for him.)

Any thoughts on ways to improve this?

Attachments

• 4413193817_3127577378_b.jpg
    4413193817_3127577378_b.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 33
There are strap-on outdoor carpet rectangles made specifically for coach steps, several different colors. Not only are they non skid, they help keep dirt out. Camping World has them.

Cool, that helps. Heading to hardware store today.

markbarendt said:
Cool, that helps. Heading to hardware store today.

As much as I'm not a big fan of CW, this is one of things I have purchased there (also available online at various outlets). Already cut to various RV step widths, edges bound, grommets already installed, springs supplied, various colors available. Reasonably priced (I thought).  Just too easy.

I put the carpet on ours. Also I have an LED strip that comes on when the door is open it has a door switch like a dome light on a car.

Bought our spring strap on no slip step covers at Walmart in the rv department

Went to HomeDepot and got a 24x60 runner and a few zip ties, fixed the problem.

Thanks All

glen54737 said:
I put the carpet on ours. Also I have an LED strip that comes on when the door is open it has a door switch like a dome light on a car.
I may do the LED thing later, good thought.

I was think that reflective tape, or glow in the dark paint, would help your dog see the ramp better. 
Maybe you too.  :)

I have three chihuahuas.  ;D

It seems the big thing was that the metal/sandpaper surface did not inspire trust of footing for the dogs. The runner solved that issue. We are in a very workable situation now.

The steps had a small reflective strip to start with but even with that you need to have light shining on them, a flash light has solved the vision issue for the dogs and us.

Believenpeace said:
I was think that reflective tape, or glow in the dark paint, would help your dog see the ramp better. 
Maybe you too.  :)

I have three chihuahuas.  ;D

The last I knew, dogs can see in the dark.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom