My Itasca Obsolete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Mile High,

Sorry to hear it :-\

On the other hand, does the of going out of production has any direct relevance? Perhaps lower resale value, harder-to-find parts, or anything else?

I ask because I'm interested in a certain 5thWheel model (the Grand Design Reflection 30BH) which is marked on the manufacturer's website as "dealer stock" (which I interpret as "out of production already").  I'd like to know exactly what going out of production would mean, in concrete terms...

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Brand names and models have come and gone for the history of the RV industry.

Rv manufacturers generally don't stock parts that are not used for current production. They often have left over parts and continue to sell those, but typically don't re-stock them once gone. That varies somewhat with the demand for the item, of course.  Most parts come from industry sources, however, so they remain available if you can identify them and find the right source. Appliances, plumbing, electric, etc are usually readily available. Cabinetry, front & rear caps, bay doors, etc. are generally made to order right in the RV factory, so replacements require a special order that usually gets low priority vs current production. I'm not sure that all RV companies will even accept special orders for building replacement cabinets or fiberglass molded parts.  I had one piece of replacement cabinet on order for over 6 months from American Coach before giving up and having a local cabinet shop rebuild the damaged one instead. The repaired unit was indistinguishable from new, by the way.

VallAndMo said:
Hello Mile High,

Sorry to hear it :-\

On the other hand, does the of going out of production has any direct relevance? Perhaps lower resale value, harder-to-find parts, or anything else?

I ask because I'm interested in a certain 5thWheel model (the Grand Design Reflection 30BH) which is marked on the manufacturer's website as "dealer stock" (which I interpret as "out of production already").  I'd like to know exactly what going out of production would mean, in concrete terms...

Cheers,
--
  Vall.
Na, I'm not worried.  As stated, my Itasca is an exact twin to the Winnebago Journey, so other then the colors and nameplate, everything is the same.  I wouldn't worry about floor plans being dropped either.  The time to worry is when the factory closes doors, like Teton, Monoco, Carriage, Country Coach, etc...  Even though you see the names resurrected, they aren't the same coaches as before.

It might actually increase the value as there are some more or less snobby types that consider it above the Winnebago prestige wise.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom