Newbie to rving/boondocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewbyRVGirl

Good evening,
I have many questions, but right now I'm just trying to locate a manual for an 88' Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite XL 35' ft. ( class A..I think). I can't find one anywhere. Help please:)
Much thanks.

SeilerBird said:
Most RVs do not come with a manual. The individual components have manuals so search for them instead.

Tom is almost correct. Most RVs do come with something that the manufacturer calls a manual. Unfortunately, they are so generic as to be almost totally useless. Find a manual for any reasonably similar RV, and it will do as well as the one you can't find.

The individual components he refers to include the furnace, fridge, watet heater, converter, stove, etc.

Joel

Well maybe I'm lucky because my MH came with a Manual from the builder which explained the overall
workings of the coach PLUS manuals on the engine and a manual on the frame not to mention almost all the
accessories that were part of the unit like the water pump, HWH system, WD, Refrigerator, Generator/inverter, Furnace, steps ETC.

So SOMETIMES they do exist.

To the OP -IF you can't find a maunal(s) then just start searching for answers to the questions that pop up
from time to time or post your questions in a new thread and you will normally get replies from people trying to help.

Did you buy the mentioned MH or are you just considering it?
Is there something specific you want to know?

RedandSilver said:
Well maybe I'm lucky because my MH came with a Manual from the builder which explained the overall
workings of the coach PLUS manuals on the engine and a manual on the frame not to mention almost all the
accessories that were part of the unit like the water pump, HWH system, WD, Refrigerator, Generator/inverter, Furnace, steps ETC.

So SOMETIMES they do exist.

That really is unusual. Is it actually useful? I wonder how much you could get for it at a rare book store.

The RV manual should tell you how to get the furnace out, in order to replace the part  that the furnace manual indicates is bad. Does it?

Ditto for the water heater, fridge, and microwave.

The RV manual should tell you something as elementary as where the low point drains are located. Does it?

The RV manual should have directions for at least one (preferably two) methods for winterizing. Does it?

The RV manual should tell you if you should lubricate the slide mechanism, and if yes, what lubricant to use. Does it?

Your water pump needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Does the manual even tell you where they hid the thing?

I could continue, but you get the point. If you answered yes to even half of these questions, your manufacturer is very unusual.

Joel

That really is unusual. Is it actually useful?

I don't know about the Rexhall that R&H has, but Monacos/Beavers generally come with a superb manual, which covers most anything you wanted to ask, including driving techniques, winterizing, care of the Aqua Hot and other systems and so MUCH more. The one for the 2007 Patriot Thunder I had (a paper copy yet) was at least 18"x12" (bigger I think, but it's with the coach). I do still have an electronic copy, and it's 270 pages long.

The sections are:
Section 1 - General Information.......................3
Section 2 - Driving & Safety..........................15
Section 3 - Exterior & Interior Care..............57
Section 4 - Appliances....................................85
Section 5 - Equipment..................................109
Section 6 - Water Systems............................137
Section 7 - LP-Gas Systems..........................157
Section 8 - Electrical Systems - House .........167
Section 9 - Electrical Systems - Chassis........189
Section 10 - Chassis Information .................209
Index ............................................................261

In addition, the Beaver also included individual manuals for the various systems, including the residential fridge, the VORAD (on board radar), the CAT C-13 engine, and two large accordion folders full of other stuff, from TVs to water filters.

My current Newmar has a (mostly) generic manual but lots of separate manuals for the various systems. Even the Trailmanor 2720SL I had years ago had a (mostly) complete manual plus the individual ones.

So perhaps it's not as unusual as you think, though it's far from universal.

My Country coach has excellent manuals including electrical & plumbing schematics and since they built their own chassis they also provide all part numbers for all the components...

Foretravel, Newell and Bluebird coaches also had good manuals.

Try this site.
http://www.holidayrambler.com/rv-owners-manuals
The choices are 1990 & 91 for your model.  They should be close to what you have. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom