My 2kW solar project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Discontinued.

Bit more expensive through Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Grape-Solar-GS-S-160-Fab8-Monocrystalline-160-watt/dp/B00GGCK7IQ

EDIT: 
HueyPilotVN said:
Edit:  I just went to the Home Depot web site and the 160 watt panels are discontinued but they do have 180 watt panels.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grape-Solar-180-Watt-Monocrystalline-PV-Solar-Panel-for-Cabins-RV-s-and-Back-Up-Power-Systems-GS-STAR-180W-US/301024442

That ain't bad. 75% more expensive but 20 more watts at same width. Very interesting.

HueyPilotVN

I notice that in the pictures you post of your installation - the second picture, you likely have a shading problem early or late in the day beside what may be an air conditioner at the far end of your unit, as well as the dome antenna.  Perhaps the same thing with the MaxAir vent just forward of the dome antenna?  Do you have any issues with this?  Or is the shading so late or early in the day that it really doesn't matter anyway?

Thanks.

Frank.

Frank B said:
HueyPilotVN

I notice that in the pictures you post of your installation - the second picture, you likely have a shading problem early or late in the day beside what may be an air conditioner at the far end of your unit, as well as the dome antenna.  Perhaps the same thing with the MaxAir vent just forward of the dome antenna?  Do you have any issues with this?  Or is the shading so late or early in the day that it really doesn't matter anyway?

Thanks.

Frank.

The solar panels on the coach have tilt mounts and when I have a choice when boondocking I plan to park with the drivers side facing south.  Most of the time lately I have been in resorts with full hookups.

I added all this solar as a project to be self sufficient.  My battery monitors rarely show less than 100%.  I really need to boondock more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom