Winegard Roadtrip SDI/Dish Network issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrt13

Odd thing it seems.  My motorhome has the Winegard Roadtrip SDI (bought the motorhome used) so I went and purchased a Dish Network vp211.  I plugged the power in and the green light on the receiver turned on, connected the hdmi and then plugged in the coax cable, all of a sudden the power on the receiver went out.  Soon as I removed the coax, power back on.  So looking at the outlet that the coax plugs into I see 3 spots, one says from roof satellite dish, the next says portable satellite dish, and the 3rd says to satellite receiver output.  I mixed and matched all different ways, no matter how I connect it, the receiver power goes out.  If I unplug the coax I get searching for signal but of course it can't find a signal if it has nothing connected to it. 

Thanks

Jeff

I have the same setup on my new/used coach.  As NYDutch said you have to reset the dip switches under the dome.

Instructions are kind of confusing, but are readily available on-line at the Winegard site to print out.  My Road Trip(SDI)is mounted using "option A" which means the wires exit the dome towards the rear of the coach.  I set switches 4, 7, & 8 down and all others up.  I think switch 1 is also supposed to be down for the in-motion version, but I left it up on mine and I'm too lazy to climb back up there and change it since it works.

One thing I learned.  If you aren't going to use it while in motion, turn the antenna off when you move the coach.  I took mine to town yesterday, leaving the antenna switch turned on by accident.  Took almost 1/2 hour and 2 power-off resets to get signal back when I got home, even though I parked in the exact same spot I was in before.

Back
Top Bottom