My Solar Project: Battery Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D

Desert_Rat

Finished.

Having to find a place to max out my energy storage, I found the location right behind my propane tanks to be the most suitable. Granted, 1/2 ton has been added in tongue weight, but I knew if I did it right I could incorporate the box into my camper's design. That was important to me. I didn't want some godawful looking appendage sticking out where it shouldn't be.

I'm no carpenter and god knows I'm no metal worker, but I think it came out ok.

Next up: Battery placement and wiring.

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 54
Looks OK to me.

But you already know that the tongue weight will go up a lot.
It might be worth it to get a tongue scale as you will be surprised how much the weight goes up.

I have a scale and I know that moving things around even a little bit can make a difference.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,91264.90.html

this is what a weldor / fabricator does...

but I like your build, it looks good and flows well with the rig

supermanotorious said:
I highly suggest you find a way to lock it, maybe even a double lock

I'm going to go over your thread thoroughly later, but I'll say now that I like your box, a lot. It's pretty much what I wanted to do until a local metal fab joint quoted me over $1200 to do it. Everything here in oil country is expensive but I thought that price preposterous. I did it myself for about $200.

Metal is absolutely the way to go though. It'll hold up better.

I'd do it for about $500 for you but shipping would be killer. You're welcome to see what you can find for shipping from 85027. I understand if you'll just keep yours but maybe you can sell it for what I'm asking and buy one. You'd have to tell me how you'd want to attach it, tabs etc or have a local weldor weld it to the trailer.  Plus my next one will be slightly larger so I can have better ventilation

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom