What is this? Antenna(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailorkane

Looked on roof of 2003 Journey.  Have a couple antennas up front that I don't recognize.  Anyone have an idea?  BTW, the coach does have an XM radio.  Wonder if the white one is XM? 

Attachments

• antennas.jpeg
    antennas.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 134
That little white tower is the wind sensor for the automatic awning.  If it's enabled (via the switch on the control box) it's supposed to automatically retract the awning if there's too much wind.

The black antenna should be the dash radio antenna.  You may have another one like it further back on the right hand side for an outside radio and/or bedroom radio.

The black thing looks like the base of a radio antenna. If you look on the other side of the ball, you'll probably find a screw. If you loosen it, it would allow you to rotate the antenna down so you don't clip any branches in campgrounds.

Wow.  Thanks guys.  Great forum. 
Never thought of a wind sensor.  We definitely have an automatic awning.  I'll have to check if the wind sensor is active on it.
The antenna already met up with a branch and unfortunately the top sheared off.  Will have to try to repair/replace.  Must be the dash fm radio. 

Oh wow, sure enough.  Learn something daily around here.  I found an image of one under A&E Weatherpro wind sensor.  I think they have all gone to the motion type detection on the tube for wind now.

Should be fairly easy to find a replacement. Leave your base mounted to the roof, remove the pivot screw I mentioned, then take that piece to your local auto parts store and match it up with one of theirs. It may be chrome instead of black but who cares. No one is going to see it.  Here's one but I'm sure you can find one cheaper.  I would try to find one with a spring at the end so that it will bend out of the way if you get hit by a low flying branch or while at the Mickey Dee's drive thru.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorhome-Trailer-Antenna-Adjustable-Mounting/dp/B007HRVK94

Back
Top Bottom