Price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian1357

Is $4800 too much for 2003 Viking Legend Pop Up? Or am I being cheap?
Cheers
Ian

P.S. Here is the craiglist link...https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/5941941712.html

P.P.S Can we trust the  Nada Guide price?

The online NADA RV guide is estimated depreciation, not actual market value, so it tends to be low on older RVs that are in good condition. By age 10 or so, age is less of a factor than condition. 

I would say that $4800 is really top dollar for a 14 year old pop-up, but not out of the question if it's in really great shape. It appears to be one of the better equipped models.

I searched RVtrader.com for others Vikings on offer and found $4800 to be about the top of the asking price range. Just cause they ask doesn't mean they get that much, though, so you can always make an offer.

Here is the search:
https://www.rvtrader.com/search-results?type=Pop%20Up%20Camper%7C198071&radius=any&price=*%3A5000&sort=featured%3Aasc&modelkeyword=1&condition=U&page=1&make=Viking%7C2305914&

Going to take a look at this camper. But I am going in with my eyes wide open. Made a silly mistake with my first pop up purchase. do not intend to do it again.

The prices of new pop-ups are obscene, so an older one in good condition might be worth top dollar. Pop-ups used to be an inexpensive introduction to camping, but not any more.

I have repaired quite a few pop up trailers at my business up until December 2015.  Over the years I saw some really good deals and a whole lot more very sad people who bought a dying horse.  For $4800 you can pick up a brand new Jayco with very, very low monthly payments.

A 13 year old trailer is going to have problems with the up and down system and you should expect to spend $400.00 and up to have the system rebuilt.  NHSTA rules say that any tire sitting on the shelf in any tire store that is 4 years old must be recycled. So, you will need to buy three new tires and replace the bearings.  If your not uncomfortable with sleeping on someone else's cooties, go right ahead and use those old mattresses.  The propane regulator, tank and adjoining hoses are trash. Dry rot sneaks up on every trailer.  Using a sharp, thin blade knife or even a sharpened nail poke it into any thing that looks like wood.  The walls and ceiling are most susceptible, especially under the front and back panels.  If you find soft spots, you might want to apply for a home equity loan before you continue.

Mitch Schliebs
RVandOffRoad.com

If you have cash offer 3,500.  And see whats happensThats top end price and its out of season....... Ornigial oners tipicaly want to much money bacause they only remember what they played new

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom