Catalina State Park?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camperAL

Curious if any of the forum members camped at Catalina this year for New Years? Last year there was a group.

Howdy,

SargeW, I think this is what CamperAL meant: http://azstateparks.com/Parks/CATA/index.html

CamperAL: We've been there in RV forum rallies twice (2012 and 2014) and loved it, made great friends and had a great time. We don't know whether there was a rally this year, but we do look forward to the next one we'll be able to join.

Cheers,
--
  Vall & Mo.

Yes there was a group at Catalina State Park in Oro Valley, AZ (just north of Tucson).
I didn't post about holding a rally because I wasn't sure I wanted to hold another rally. We had made reservations the prior year and decided to go to Catalina SP as we had for the past 9 years. We just like the area and it gives us a chance to travel a little from our winter base in Surprise, AZ. I knew that a few others had also made reservations during the previous years rally for this year.
Ended up with 7 coaches for a rally that happened by "auto-pilot". All had attended last years rally and like us just decided to come to Catalina because they like the area. With another couple that lives nearby we had 16 for our New years dinner at Mi Tierra in Catalina (the town north of Oro Valley). This was our 10th year at Catalina SP.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Yes there was a group at Catalina State Park in Oro Valley, AZ (just north of Tucson).
I didn't post about holding a rally because I wasn't sure I wanted to hold another rally. We had made reservations the prior year and decided to go to Catalina SP as we had for the past 9 years. We just like the area and it gives us a chance to travel a little from our winter base in Surprise, AZ. I knew that a few others had also made reservations during the previous years rally for this year.
Ended up with 7 coaches for a rally that happened by "auto-pilot". All had attended last years rally and like us just decided to come to Catalina because they like the area. With another couple that lives nearby we had 16 for our New years dinner at Mi Tierra in Catalina (the town north of Oro Valley). This was our 10th year at Catalina SP.

ken

Wow, what are the odds?  Great turnout for not wanting to hold another rally.  So no one brought a camera to this auto-pilot, not-a-rally, rally?  Where are the pix? 

OK, one panorama picture of a group on New years eve in our coach. There was another group in Jeff and Sues coach.
And 4 pictures from Mi Tierra Restaurant earlier New Years Eve.

Attachments

• New year  2017by Terry.jpg
    New year 2017by Terry.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 44
  • New Years Pic1.jpg
    New Years Pic1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 38
  • New years Pic2.jpg
    New years Pic2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 42
  • New years Pic 3.jpg
    New years Pic 3.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 41
  • New Years Pic 4.jpg
    New Years Pic 4.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 42
I love you guys, I know you all know that, but I have to say that again and again.  It's so wonderful to see these pictures and see you all having such a good time.  Keep on keepin' on, whatever it takes, because the RVing life remains a large part of my best memories, and all of you contributed so much to those memories.

Hi Ken, Sheila and all,

That's one big RV with the booths and Mexican food being served  :)

Hi Sarge,

Sorry I wasn't more specific on location, but yes meant Catalina State Park north of Tucson. This is a super nice place to camp and really great views! Not to mention the super nice people who camp there during the New Years holidays.

I agree with Vall and Mo, great location and looking forward to stopping in there sometime in the future when forum members are there.

If you hike the trails, be sure you have some waterproof hiking shoes as the trails can go over streams and difficult to cross without.

Curious which Mexican Restaurant you folks ate at?

Al

We had dinner at Mi Tierra, which is up towards the town of Catalina.  We have gone there for NYE's for several years now. 

Sheila

So did anyone sign up for a non-rally with no sponsor for next year?!?  :D ::)

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom