EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Catalina State Park?  (Read 1169 times)

camperAL

• ---
  • Back Into RV'ing
Catalina State Park?
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:22:44 PM »
Curious if any of the forum members camped at Catalina this year for New Years? Last year there was a group.
CamperAL (Indiana)
(2006 Coachmen Mirada 290 KS )

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
Re: Catalina State Park?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:30:36 PM »
The only Catalina that I know of is an island off the coast of California. Probably not the same one you are talking about..........
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

VallAndMo

• ---
  • Vall and Mo, a married couple getting ready for FT
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:00:00 AM »
Howdy,

SargeW, I think this is what CamperAL meant: http://azstateparks.com/Parks/CATA/index.html

CamperAL: We've been there in RV forum rallies twice (2012 and 2014) and loved it, made great friends and had a great time. We don't know whether there was a rally this year, but we do look forward to the next one we'll be able to join.

Cheers,
--
   Vall & Mo.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:36:46 AM by VallAndMo »

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 08:36:11 AM »
Yes there was a group at Catalina State Park in Oro Valley, AZ (just north of Tucson).
I didn't post about holding a rally because I wasn't sure I wanted to hold another rally. We had made reservations the prior year and decided to go to Catalina SP as we had for the past 9 years. We just like the area and it gives us a chance to travel a little from our winter base in Surprise, AZ. I knew that a few others had also made reservations during the previous years rally for this year.
Ended up with 7 coaches for a rally that happened by "auto-pilot". All had attended last years rally and like us just decided to come to Catalina because they like the area. With another couple that lives nearby we had 16 for our New years dinner at Mi Tierra in Catalina (the town north of Oro Valley). This was our 10th year at Catalina SP.

ken
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:43:12 AM by Ken & Sheila »
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 02:54:06 PM »
Yes there was a group at Catalina State Park in Oro Valley, AZ (just north of Tucson).
I didn't post about holding a rally because I wasn't sure I wanted to hold another rally. We had made reservations the prior year and decided to go to Catalina SP as we had for the past 9 years. We just like the area and it gives us a chance to travel a little from our winter base in Surprise, AZ. I knew that a few others had also made reservations during the previous years rally for this year.
Ended up with 7 coaches for a rally that happened by "auto-pilot". All had attended last years rally and like us just decided to come to Catalina because they like the area. With another couple that lives nearby we had 16 for our New years dinner at Mi Tierra in Catalina (the town north of Oro Valley). This was our 10th year at Catalina SP.

ken

Wow, what are the odds?  Great turnout for not wanting to hold another rally.  So no one brought a camera to this auto-pilot, not-a-rally, rally?  Where are the pix? 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 05:58:04 PM »
OK, one panorama picture of a group on New years eve in our coach. There was another group in Jeff and Sues coach.
And 4 pictures from Mi Tierra Restaurant earlier New Years Eve.
Ken & Sheila

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 07:43:02 PM »
I love you guys, I know you all know that, but I have to say that again and again.   It's so wonderful to see these pictures and see you all having such a good time.  Keep on keepin' on, whatever it takes, because the RVing life remains a large part of my best memories, and all of you contributed so much to those memories.

camperAL

• ---
  • Back Into RV'ing
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:44:11 AM »
Hi Ken, Sheila and all,

That's one big RV with the booths and Mexican food being served  :)

Hi Sarge,

Sorry I wasn't more specific on location, but yes meant Catalina State Park north of Tucson. This is a super nice place to camp and really great views! Not to mention the super nice people who camp there during the New Years holidays.

I agree with Vall and Mo, great location and looking forward to stopping in there sometime in the future when forum members are there.

If you hike the trails, be sure you have some waterproof hiking shoes as the trails can go over streams and difficult to cross without.

Curious which Mexican Restaurant you folks ate at?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:47:42 AM by camperAL »
CamperAL (Indiana)
(2006 Coachmen Mirada 290 KS )

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 11:21:36 AM »
Al

We had dinner at Mi Tierra, which is up towards the town of Catalina.  We have gone there for NYE's for several years now. 

Sheila
Ken & Sheila

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 04:11:47 PM »
So did anyone sign up for a non-rally with no sponsor for next year?!?  :D ::)

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 04:51:05 PM »
So did anyone sign up for a non-rally with no sponsor for next year?!?  :D ::)

ArdraF

No one that I know of at this time.
Ken & Sheila

Hosted by Over The Network