Back Yard Snow Pix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

Yesterday, 5 Jan, we had about 7" of snow here at the house. It's been rather chilly, too, as the low last night was -10? F. But this morning was bright and sunny, with temps up to 10? F+ (almost 30 this afternoon), and things were pretty enough out that I got a few pix.

The first pic is of the railing on our back porch. The second shows how snow has covered most stuff in my neighbor's back yard, including tables and chairs. It's not so pretty, but gives an idea of what the snow covered.

The third one is the snow on our shed's roof. And the final one is a tree in another neighbor's back yard.

Sure is purty out there...

Attachments

• Snow 5 Jan 16 03.JPG
    Snow 5 Jan 16 03.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Snow 5 Jan 16 09.JPG
    Snow 5 Jan 16 09.JPG
    314.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Snow 5 Jan 16 16.JPG
    Snow 5 Jan 16 16.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Snow 5 Jan 16 05.JPG
    Snow 5 Jan 16 05.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 78
SeilerBird said:
Nice images Larry. I like 5 the best. That is exactly how I like my snow, thousands of miles away. ;D

Nice pictures, but glad to be in Florida. It will be only in the high 50's on Sunday, and that is cold enough for us and too warm to snow.

Makes us look like pikers here in Timber Valley, but we like it like that.  ;D    Our snow is sticking around a little longer than usual but should be gone by Sunday or Monday.

Larry N. said:
Thanks for the nice comments. I figured you Floridians needed to see what the other folks know...  ;D :eek: ::)
I have lived in Utah, Lake Tahoe and Chicago, believe me I know snow. That is why I live in sunny Florida. ;D

I sure do miss that fresh crispness in the air
and I loved that quiet at night, when the snow is falling in big flakes

Been sayin for years, I just don't belong in Florida!

Nice photos Larry, we hardly ever get that much snow in central Scotland. I too like the quietness when heavy snow falls.  Be safe.

jackiemac said:
Nice photos Larry, we hardly ever get that much snow in central Scotland. I too like the quietness when heavy snow falls.  Be safe.

You're right Jackie but all the rain you get makes up for it.

Rene T said:
You're right Jackie but all the rain you get makes up for it.
Rene, you are right, it is pouring down right now with high winds and has been trying to snow. It's forecast for blizzards in the next few days. If we get snow I'll send a photo!

jackiemac said:
Thanks, Jackie. Lookin' forward to your pix, if the forecast is right.

Larry, I like looking at the snow, but what we get here is usually very wet and goes slushy fast which I'm not a fan of. We did have a day of being "snowed in" in 2010 as we live in the countryside. We have experienced this only a few times in 22 years.

2010 photos:

My car and the house, you can see snow level on plant pots, nothing like what you guys get.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1484150902904.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484150902904.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 13
  • FB_IMG_1484150864706.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484150864706.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 12
Not normal for Portland.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 15