Arctic Fox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russgs

Thinking of a new Arctic Fox 27-5. I'd like to hear from people who have had both good and bad experiences with this model.
Does Northwood back there product well?

I owned a Northwood Nash 22H trailer years ago. They are one of the best trailers built.

Had a friend who had a fifth wheel built by them and he liked them too.

Unless something ridiculously better comes along, we are looking at getting the Arctic Fox 22G. Similar to the Nash 22H Arch mentioned. I've done months of research and bang for buck it's going to work out well for us.

We had a 29 foot AF TT?  It had an electrical problem upon delivery that was easily fixed and a couple of door window frames (it had two doors) that got sun damaged in 5 years.  Also easily fixed.

We sold it to our son who kept it for a number of years but sold it because they could never get away in it.

Very solid construction.  Not a much glitz as others but I'll take reliability over glitz any day.

Hammster said:
Unless something ridiculously better comes along, we are looking at getting the Arctic Fox 22G. Similar to the Nash 22H Arch mentioned. I've done months of research and bang for buck it's going to work out well for us.

The 22G is a good choice. The main reason we got rid of the 22H was that it had a "Crawl Over Bed". 

The 22G has a "Walk Around Bed"...much better!

Yeah, Arch. One of the many reasons why we prefer the 22G.

We had a Wilderness TT with a crawl over bed once.  Won't make that mistake again.

We managed to put up with it for a bunch of years by using a double sleeping bag.

We have a Fox Mountain 5th which is built by Northwood and I can tell you first hand that they back their trailers and their customer service is first class. I have been to their plant in La Grande, Oregon and what I saw was a group of happy employees working hard doing their jobs.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their products again.

Stan

Our friends have a grand design 5th wheel Reflection 2014 ,many troubles!! Fridge x2,hot water tank x1,slide rollers causing damage underneath,a/c leaking inside and fold out couch is junk they say.They are getting rid of it!!

I walked through several Grand Design fivers in Quartzite.  The fit & finish was pretty bad.  And if they botch the stuff you can see my bet is the stuff you can't see is worse.

Problems with appliances are not the coach builders fault unless the problem was caused by bad installation.

Back
Top Bottom