01 Grand Cherakee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shayne

Well Ron, Karl, Tom, Bernie, Russ, and Ned along with a few others have  convienced me to shed the 24' enclosed trailer and Lincoln, so we took action.  No we didnt shed it but bought a mate for them and I guess I'll sell the trailer.  Seems like a decent vehicle and it's loaded with everything,  Started to buy an 06 Liberty, but after driving it about a half mile,  Clostraphobic was about to set in and I had to get out of it.  Well as the gents above can attest,  I think the color of our Lincoln is horrible (Blue) to me it's green or aqua.  Guess what, this is ugly dark blue. I just kee[ buyig ugly cars,  No I've got to contact Remco and find a plate and what else I need to tow this heep.  Really fell in love with a Nissan Aramada, but it can't be towed 4 down.  Oh well,  The reason I think I went for this, is it's a little bigger than the small units and I think it was Ron the had one and liked it.  Anyway it's too late to change my mind.  Now all I have to do is pay for it tomorrow.  Thanks guys  I guess,

Congratulations Shayne. The Jeep will do better than the Lincoln when you hit the offroad trails around Moab  ;D

Shayne

Congrats on the new toad. If it is a 4wd Cherokee, you needn't contact REMCO. You need a toad base plate, tow bar and supplemental braking and you are good to go. There are lots of on-line dealers for all, as well as Camping World and Charlie Echols, who installed mine, is close to you. If you will be near an RV show, that is usually a good place to get those items, the show prices are good and factory people for installation are usually available.

Thanks gents.  Yea the Ole Linc would look out of place in the hills and over the rocks, but it's a shame I won't get to show up the 4 wheelers with it be demonstrating the smooth ride.  Yep, the Opera will stilll get the use of the Linc,  didn't trade it, still have both Lincs.  And Bernie thanks for the advise.  I bought it at the Jeep dealer in Avondale and Grandson is Living near campass of ASU, so I'll get plenty of oportunities to go to CW, but where is Charlie Echols at?  Might just let him do it.  Oh, BTW the Grandson Placed 5th in 19 to 27 ur age group yesterday at the A National ABABMX bike races here in Phoenix, at Black Mountain Track off Carefee Highway.  He was amongst the top 34 riders in the country and was in 19th Place in standings prior to New Mexico race 2 weeeks ago wwhen he had a 4th and 5rh place.  This should put him in the top 7 or 8 in the country when they total all the points.  Sat he didn't finish the race cause one of his so called friends pushed him over the bank after a lasge jump.  They do go for blodd out there. cause the kid T-Boned him without cause.  Thanks for listening and Thanks again for the infol

Good move, Shayne.  I think you'll find the towing a bit easier with the GC instead of that big garage behind you :)  But dark blue, in the desert?  By July, you'll want to get it painted.

Congratulations Shayne.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.  By the way I do have access to a roadmaster baseplate off a 2001 GC so if interested contact me via E-mail.  Towing instructions are found in the owners manual.  Basically you place the transfer case in neutral, the transmission in park, and the key in the off unlock position, one click back from the run position.  Having towed a 2001 for several thousand miles please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks  you Ron  I knew you had had an 01 and enjoyed it so much.  That is the prime reason I bought this unit.  The Books state a very clean unit be up to about 14K  I gave 9K to the dealer with warranty of 50 decect and 3 years no dedect on the paint.  Full tank of fuel, wax, and detailed with Oil change.  Made them an offer and walked out after 30 minutes of no give on my part, cause that's what it was worth to me and didn't like the ugly color of dark blue anyway, they came to my price. OH well we'll see how it turns out  if I don't like it It
s history. I'll keep the lincolns just in case  LOL  Will e-mail you.  thanks again.

Well after checking it out before delivery, the 4 whl Low didn't function proipoerly and they agreed to repair it immediately and that's when I backed put on the deal.  Should have been repaired before showing and selling.  I canceled the deal on the Grand Cherakee  O'll find another in better condition.  Just afraid something else is wrong other that the low 4 and I don't want to be spending the time in a shop./

Well  I wound up buying a 01 Jeep Grande Cherokee Larado (Black) from an individual yesterday and had them deliver it today.  The darn things looks like new inside and out.  Even the wife was please and she's the one that set the buying price.  Guess maybe some of my tactics have worn off on her.  Our Son went with us and he's thrilled with it, as is the Grandson.  Not sure the difference of it being a Larado but that's what it is.  The People have every reciept for every dime they've spent on it since new.  I just couldn't believe all the paper work with it.  Now I have to rush the State of ILL to get me Liscense plates in a hurry and that's no easy task.  Hope I get it straightened out before Moab so we can attend. 
  Scotty this popped up just all of a sudden so your right RV deal will too.

BLACK, Shayne, you'll be sorry this summer :)  And it will really show the dirt after the off road trips.

Oh well, most of the cars I've had for the last 60 years have been Black.  Guess I have the old Ford  attitude on car colors, they are all pretty as long as they are Black.  Seldom look at any color for vehicles other than Black, Red(Burgandy included), or Yellow.  Yet we have a Blue Lincoln and a Silver Rose Mist( Pink) Lincoln.  heck the paint on them is only for the Womens tastes and to keep them from rusting.They all get the same filth, just some show them more than others.  Good Wax jobs helps wonders.

Thus for we've gotten the Blue-Ox Tow bars and accompaning Bicycle hitch rack from a friend, baseplate for the Jeeper  via Ron, a Brake Buddy in the box and the jeeper.  Now when the plate gets here I'll take it down to CW and get the adaptors for the hookup and then see a dealer to have it installed.  hard to believe that the Boss actually like the Grand Cherokee.  Now I'm dumbfounded with that.  Who'd thunk?

Shayne, maybe Audrey has been reading here and she's feeling safer without that huge, overweight garage behind the motor home :)

Shayne the instructions for owing your GC can be found in the owners manual under recreational towing.  Basically the transfer case is placed in Neutral position, the transmission in park, and the key in the off unlock position which is one click back from the run position.  Just thought you might like to know.

Thanks Ron  I aware of that.  Already checked it.  Now to get it hooked up.

Took the Jeeper and all the fixuns for the towing into the Hitch and tow man today and left it with him for overhihght, so it wouldn't rush him.  I'll call him tomorrow about 3 to 4:3 PM and check it out.    Said with what I have, itshould be a breeze    We'll see  Nothing ever works that way for my.  Son ssaid  Good as long as you aren't installing it, torches and the welding tanks can stay off.  LOL  Guess he kows me too dang well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom