Looking to Trade: Cherokee diesel Trailhawk, Cherokee diesel, JKU ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

Hi,
I'm debating selling my 2012 Rubicon (4 inch, lift, winch, etc.) and getting a four door Jeep. We're not heavy duty four wheelers (about Poison Spider level) but still like to get off road once in a while. Your experience with one or more of the candidates appreciated (Kim - still liking your Cherokee?).

All comments and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernie - I went from my old two door JK to a 2016 JKU.  I love it!  It rides better on the highway and off road and is just a capable off road.  Go for it.

Bill

We had a 2001 TJ a few years back and I got tired of the choppy ride and we got rid of it. Just this last year we got a 2013 JKU Sahara and we love it, it rides so much better. Make sure you get a 2012 or newer with the 3.6 Pentastar engine. It is a snappy performer.

We've had our JKU just under a year.  Love it.  It's not as smooth as our Infiniti SUV but compared to our Chev. HHR, it's quite comfortable.  Only issue for me, the off-road tires are pretty loud.  As far as off-road use, we didn't buy it to defy the law of gravity. 

Ernie

JKUR with AEV conversion...Handles high speed hwy and low speed off road crawling with ease, plus you can haul passengers and cargo.

I bought my 2015 JKU Rubicon (used, bone stock, 7,400 miles) a few months back and I am very happy with its performance, road manners, interior appointments, and sound system. We're going to install a Ready Lift (fully adjustable), tires & wheels (35") in the coming months. And it's a Wrangler, so cool is a given...:). Besides, when have you ever gotten a Jeep wave in a Cherokee?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom