EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Baby it's COLD outside  (Read 2004 times)

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Baby it's COLD outside
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:12:36 AM »
Got up this AM around 3:30 for my middle of the night trip to the Radio Room (Well that's where I put the radio) and checked into the Before breakfast Club on 3.983MHz.

28.4 when I sat down, 28.3 by the time I got my turn..  Checked out the window and sure enough the water hose was nicely lit up (String of rope lights,,, NOT the LED kind, k Duct Taped to the hose with "Fancy" Duct Tape, 100 watt lamp at the park end, all on a thermostatic outlet) so water flowed nicely.

Was down to 26 when I headed to Church.

This is S.E. Georgia, McIntosh County. IT's not supposed to freeze here.

(And at least my hose.. DID NOT freeze.. but then that's what happens when you prepare)  Lights in the wet bay never came on though so it did not get that cold... (2nd Thermostat)  I did run the Furnace for about 45 Minutes, in addition to 2.5 Space heaters (3750 watts total) Was about 65 inside with furnace running.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Dance Chick

• ---
Re: Baby it's COLD outside
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »
48 degrees at noon in central Florida. We've had absolutely glorious weather before this. It is sunny with blue skies, however, so that part is beautiful. But, I'm staying
inside my s&b where it's toasty.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog-but don't tell him)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox towing/Air Force One braking
"And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »
48 degrees at noon in central Florida. We've had absolutely glorious weather before this. It is sunny with blue skies, however, so that part is beautiful. But, I'm staying
inside my s&b where it's toasty.

Hang on a little. It's going to get better tomorrow and later on will be close to 80.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

tvman44

• ---
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »
22 the last 2 nights in SW Louisiana, will get up into the 70's later this week.  Like I have seen "Where else can you get frost bite and a sunburn in the same week".  Not supposed to get that cold here either, we are not equipped for that.

Rene T

• ---
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
22 the last 2 nights in SW Louisiana, will get up into the 70's later this week.  Like I have seen "Where else can you get frost bite and a sunburn in the same week".  Not supposed to get that cold here either, we are not equipped for that.

Had frost on my truck this morning in Central FL. Will be up around 80 this week.
AKA  Pep N Mem

wackymac

• ---
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »
28 this morning 8 miles SW of Ocala.
2002 Fleetwood Fiesta 31H, 2001 F53 Ford chassis
2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2wd
2 cats:
10 year old red mackerel tabby with white, male, 26#,  leash trained--Rusty
10 year old black and white DLH, 14#, female--Penny
Home base---Ocala, FL

Dance Chick

• ---
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 02:54:09 PM »
Had frost on my truck this morning in Central FL. Will be up around 80 this week.

If I remember correctly, you're at Sanlan in Lakeland. Born and raised in Lakeland, but have been in Winter Haven for about 4 years. I'll take 80, which as you know, is what we've been having prior to this cold snap. That's what I like about Florida's winter....it's usually just a "snap", and then we're back to higher temps.

Robert K

• ---
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 03:10:05 PM »
-16 yesterday morning 
38 days till we head to Fl 
Bob&Sandy
96 Safari Serengeti
2011 jeep wrangler
Western New York

rockman

• ---
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 03:22:57 PM »
23 here in Kennewick WA, snowing like a blizzard. This is a warm up, we have been running low of 2 high of 11. Brrrrrrr I haven't worked for 8 days.  Too slick and nasty on the side roads I am usually on in my truck delivering to construction sites. Got over 10' on the ground, for here, that is a lot.  Think global warming has the whole country in its nasty grip. Next they will tell us it has been the warmest year on record.  Come shovel that warming out of everyone's driveways ;)
Nick, Marian & our 3 fur babies
(make that 5, now have 2 kitties that go with us)
1995 Thor Residency 36M
460 Ford w/Banks Exhaust System
Hydraulic Jacks

whiteva

• ---
    • Nibbler the traveling squirrel
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 03:39:43 PM »
One more night of Florida winter then summer!
Actually I am too old and too southern for cold temps.

Cheers
2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Nibbler & Shadeaux the black cat. http://www.acroflyer.com/nibbler/

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 03:50:41 PM »
It has been in the 30s today in central Florida. I actually wore sweatpants today for the first time in about a year. I get warm by watching the football games in Green Bay and Pittsburgh. ;D
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Rene T

• ---
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 05:06:37 PM »
If I remember correctly, you're at Sanlan in Lakeland.

That's right. Sanlan. I have two sister in laws living in Auburndale and another one in Haines City.
AKA  Pep N Mem

Dream Chasers

• ---
  • Be Brave - Take Risks - Nothing Beats Experience
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 05:44:44 PM »
If I remember correctly, you're at Sanlan in Lakeland. Born and raised in Lakeland, but have been in Winter Haven for about 4 years. I'll take 80, which as you know, is what we've been having prior to this cold snap. That's what I like about Florida's winter....it's usually just a "snap", and then we're back to higher temps.

We are just outside Auburndale at exit 44 behind the Love's. Did you see the post about the mini rally in Lakeland on Jan 17th? Hope you can join us.

Sheryl & Bobby and Roxie the Yorkie
Polk City, Florida
2015 Forest River Berkshire 34QS
2011 Honda CRV SE

Rene T

• ---
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »
We are just outside Auburndale at exit 44 behind the Love's. Did you see the post about the mini rally in Lakeland on Jan 17th? Hope you can join us.

Here's the link to the rally information:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,101279.msg914841.html#msg914841
AKA  Pep N Mem

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 02:34:57 AM »
Snow and ice was on the ground in 49 out of 50 states this past weekend.

The exception was Florida, not Hawaii.  Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa had snow on their peaks.

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/snow-ice-49-of-50-states-early-january-2017

rockman

• ---
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 11:59:24 AM »
Europe is also in the grips of record cold, due, I am sure, to the global warming crisis  ;)
1995 Thor Residency 36M
Hydraulic Jacks

Dance Chick

• ---
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 02:53:02 PM »

Thanks. Won't be able to make it, but hope you have a great time.  :)

RoyM

• ---
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »
I plowed 4" of fresh snow this morning, slid off the driveway and got the tractor stuck. I managed to extricate it, oh what fun.
Ram 2500 diesel
Prowler fifth wheel
Urge to travel

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 08:04:54 AM »
Europe is also in the grips of record cold, due, I am sure, to the global warming crisis  ;)

Believe it or not... That is true..  The global warming actually is a bit of a misnomer. It's Global more violent weather. More Tornadoes, More Hurricanes (They ran out of names for named storms one recent year as I recall) and colder winters.

But this is a concept that many sadly a KEY many can not understand.

I might add if you care to add up the temp, hour by hour, every hour during the entire year, then divide by the number of hours in a year.. (SO you know outfits like NOAA do just this, as well as climate researchers around the world) YOu will see a trend.. It's getting hotter.

IN fact.. I've seen a chart where they did just that and by using historical data went back to about Bibical times.. Don't ask me how they determined the temperature when Christ was alive, but .. Well.. They claim they did.. IT was a very interesting chart. and I got to chat with the author of said chart.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:09:19 AM by John From Detroit »
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

gwcowgill

• ---
  • Retired USAF, Retired Auto Instructor Dade Cty Sch
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:42 AM »
Right now here in Homestead it is 69 degrees and warming nicely. We experienced some weather in the 50's the last couple of days but the crops look nice. I believe I seen 48 degrees outside air temp in my car yesterday morn. The global warming bunch no I am not going there.
2009 Bounder 36B, 2014 Honda CR-V, various grandchildren when school is out. KG4LHS
2014 Honda CRV Toad,
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad

rockman

• ---
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »
Believe it or not... That is true..  The global warming actually is a bit of a misnomer. It's Global more violent weather. More Tornadoes, More Hurricanes (They ran out of names for named storms one recent year as I recall) and colder winters.

But this is a concept that many sadly a KEY many can not understand.

I might add if you care to add up the temp, hour by hour, every hour during the entire year, then divide by the number of hours in a year.. (SO you know outfits like NOAA do just this, as well as climate researchers around the world) YOu will see a trend.. It's getting hotter.

IN fact.. I've seen a chart where they did just that and by using historical data went back to about Bibical times.. Don't ask me how they determined the temperature when Christ was alive, but .. Well.. They claim they did.. IT was a very interesting chart. and I got to chat with the author of said chart.

Unfortunately, it is not true.  When the disasters related to global warming don't occur, the alarmists change the predictions.  Warming didn't occur, so it became climate change.  Too much rain, climate change.  Not enough rain climate change.  They can't lose right?  Everything is based on computer models which are woefully inaccurate and incorrect.  When you input inaccurate and falsified data, (see garbage in and garbage out) you get flawed results.  The storms, tornadoes and hurricanes are in fact fewer than historically recorded.  They are how ever greatly magnified by the liberal media who desperately want it to be true.  Isn't it funny how global warming embodies the 3 major tenets of liberal politics: bigger government, higher taxes and greater government intrusion and control over the lives of private citizens.  Government can change the climate?  The only thing that can atone you for your destruction of the planet is embracing and accepting the previous tenets.  You will not that the date of disaster is always moved out to where no one currently will be alive to refute it when it doesn't happen.  Actually e just passed one of the dates of no return last year.  Michael Manns original baseline data used tree rings from 2 trees cut down in remote regions of Canada to baseline the temperature for the entire northern hemisphere.  Anyone that spends any time reading and research this subject away from the drum beat of disaster will see the truth. Control through environmental alleged damage was originally theorized by Marx and Engels.  The entire global warming debacle is full of distortion, data manipulation, control of the narrate and out right lies and fabrications.  I have to laugh out loud when I read about the Antarctic ice shelf shrinking to perilous levels.  I just got and email from a good friend of mine who has worked there for 18 years in maintenance and repair.  They have to know the facts about the ice shelf for the ships coming in.  Guess what? it is huge! out 60 miles this summer. (it is summer there).  Posting this is actually rather worthless for those who choose to believe the religion of global warming will never give it up . . . just saying, read up on from independent sources not the just those whose entire careers depend on proving it so they can continue to receive their funding.  When was the last time a group of scientists receive a government grant to disprove global warming . . . .
1995 Thor Residency 36M
Hydraulic Jacks

gwcowgill

• ---
  • Retired USAF, Retired Auto Instructor Dade Cty Sch
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 11:45:50 AM »
I said I wouldn't go there but, "Global Warming" is just another way to tax the taxpayers.
2009 Bounder 36B, 2014 Honda CR-V, various grandchildren when school is out. KG4LHS
2014 Honda CRV Toad,
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad

RLSharp

• ---
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »
Check this news article for a different view. http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/01/10/pravda-scientists-now-warn-of-a-new-ice-age-as-temperature-plummets-to-80f-in-russia/
Richard & Linda
Rochester, NY (summer)
Tucson, AZ (winter)

Hosted by Over The Network