Baby it's COLD outside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Got up this AM around 3:30 for my middle of the night trip to the Radio Room (Well that's where I put the radio) and checked into the Before breakfast Club on 3.983MHz.

28.4 when I sat down, 28.3 by the time I got my turn..  Checked out the window and sure enough the water hose was nicely lit up (String of rope lights,,, NOT the LED kind, k Duct Taped to the hose with "Fancy" Duct Tape, 100 watt lamp at the park end, all on a thermostatic outlet) so water flowed nicely.

Was down to 26 when I headed to Church.

This is S.E. Georgia, McIntosh County. IT's not supposed to freeze here.

(And at least my hose.. DID NOT freeze.. but then that's what happens when you prepare)  Lights in the wet bay never came on though so it did not get that cold... (2nd Thermostat)  I did run the Furnace for about 45 Minutes, in addition to 2.5 Space heaters (3750 watts total) Was about 65 inside with furnace running.

48 degrees at noon in central Florida. We've had absolutely glorious weather before this. It is sunny with blue skies, however, so that part is beautiful. But, I'm staying
inside my s&b where it's toasty.

Dance Chick said:
48 degrees at noon in central Florida. We've had absolutely glorious weather before this. It is sunny with blue skies, however, so that part is beautiful. But, I'm staying
inside my s&b where it's toasty.

Hang on a little. It's going to get better tomorrow and later on will be close to 80.

22? the last 2 nights in SW Louisiana, will get up into the 70's later this week.  Like I have seen "Where else can you get frost bite and a sunburn in the same week".  Not supposed to get that cold here either, we are not equipped for that.

tvman44 said:
22? the last 2 nights in SW Louisiana, will get up into the 70's later this week.  Like I have seen "Where else can you get frost bite and a sunburn in the same week".  Not supposed to get that cold here either, we are not equipped for that.

Had frost on my truck this morning in Central FL. Will be up around 80 this week.

Rene T said:
Had frost on my truck this morning in Central FL. Will be up around 80 this week.

If I remember correctly, you're at Sanlan in Lakeland. Born and raised in Lakeland, but have been in Winter Haven for about 4 years. I'll take 80, which as you know, is what we've been having prior to this cold snap. That's what I like about Florida's winter....it's usually just a "snap", and then we're back to higher temps.

23 here in Kennewick WA, snowing like a blizzard. This is a warm up, we have been running low of 2 high of 11. Brrrrrrr I haven't worked for 8 days.  Too slick and nasty on the side roads I am usually on in my truck delivering to construction sites. Got over 10' on the ground, for here, that is a lot.  Think global warming has the whole country in its nasty grip. Next they will tell us it has been the warmest year on record.  Come shovel that warming out of everyone's driveways ;)

One more night of Florida winter then summer!
Actually I am too old and too southern for cold temps.

Cheers

It has been in the 30s today in central Florida. I actually wore sweatpants today for the first time in about a year. I get warm by watching the football games in Green Bay and Pittsburgh. ;D

Dance Chick said:
If I remember correctly, you're at Sanlan in Lakeland.

That's right. Sanlan. I have two sister in laws living in Auburndale and another one in Haines City.

Dance Chick said:
If I remember correctly, you're at Sanlan in Lakeland. Born and raised in Lakeland, but have been in Winter Haven for about 4 years. I'll take 80, which as you know, is what we've been having prior to this cold snap. That's what I like about Florida's winter....it's usually just a "snap", and then we're back to higher temps.

We are just outside Auburndale at exit 44 behind the Love's. Did you see the post about the mini rally in Lakeland on Jan 17th? Hope you can join us.

Dream Chasers said:
We are just outside Auburndale at exit 44 behind the Love's. Did you see the post about the mini rally in Lakeland on Jan 17th? Hope you can join us.

Here's the link to the rally information:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,101279.msg914841.html#msg914841

Dream Chasers said:

Thanks. Won't be able to make it, but hope you have a great time.  :)

I plowed 4" of fresh snow this morning, slid off the driveway and got the tractor stuck. I managed to extricate it, oh what fun.

rockman said:
Europe is also in the grips of record cold, due, I am sure, to the global warming crisis  ;)

Believe it or not... That is true..  The global warming actually is a bit of a misnomer. It's Global more violent weather. More Tornadoes, More Hurricanes (They ran out of names for named storms one recent year as I recall) and colder winters.

But this is a concept that many sadly a KEY many can not understand.

I might add if you care to add up the temp, hour by hour, every hour during the entire year, then divide by the number of hours in a year.. (SO you know outfits like NOAA do just this, as well as climate researchers around the world) YOu will see a trend.. It's getting hotter.

IN fact.. I've seen a chart where they did just that and by using historical data went back to about Bibical times.. Don't ask me how they determined the temperature when Christ was alive, but .. Well.. They claim they did.. IT was a very interesting chart. and I got to chat with the author of said chart.

Right now here in Homestead it is 69 degrees and warming nicely. We experienced some weather in the 50's the last couple of days but the crops look nice. I believe I seen 48 degrees outside air temp in my car yesterday morn. The global warming bunch no I am not going there.

Back
Top Bottom