Weird Attwood 8940 furnace problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arl8733

Got a strange one.  Furnace does everything right except blow hot air.  Starts up fine, fan runs gas valve clicks open and ignitor clicks and woosh we have flame.  I get hot air out the exhaust but inside all I get is luke warm air.  I checked for loose ducts on the back side or leaks from the box but no problem.  Air is flowing but not hot?  How can I have hot air coming out the exhaust and not be heating the room air?  Next thought is to pull exhaust tube and gas valve/ignitor and look for problems there but it is burning....?

You might have some wasps that have built a nest in there that is blocking the flow. Wasps love to build nests in heaters in the off season.

It moves a LOT of air for the amount of heat it gives off, so outside you get all the waste heat in one jet.. But inside it is moving many cubic feet per minute over a fairly small heater.. So it's warm air, not hot.. Never hot.  10 cubic feet of air raised one degree or one cubic foot raised 10 degrees... both contain the same amount of added heat.

Thanks for those ideas.  I have had wasp screens installed for many years.  Understand the concept on a lot of luke warm air but it used to be much hotter.  I will try to open up the burner to look in as far as I can.

Most of my return air comes from my compartment that the heater is in. The return air grill is mearly a opening to the compartment, so if it's real cold out, and the compartment air is real cold, the temperature of the air coming out of the floor registers is no way any where near the temperature would be if the outside temperature/compartment was much higher.

Thanks.  Mine also uses air from the utility compartment with an opening from the living area.  Agree that colder air there would make a difference but doesn't explain why it used to be much warmer previously in cold weather.

Thanks.  That is sort of what I thought too.  Someone suggested checking gas pressure to see if the regulator was delivering low pressure.  Anybody know how to do that?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom