We REALLY want to use our king size bed in our RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hippie

Hi all!!! We are new to the RVing world and would LOVE to use our king size matter in our 2012 Kingsport Gulfstream. Wondering has anyone done this? How hard is it and can the cabinets be removed? ANY help will be great!!!! Thanks!!!

your side of the bed cabinets are screwed either in the walls of to the floor. If you have electrical outlet in there, that would be another item to reconfigure

As Ernie says, the cabinets will be attached in some simplistic manner, usually just a few screws. Whether your rig has room enough after that removal is something only you can decide, but often there is not much space left to get in/out of bed, make up the covers, etc..

Take a tape measure to it and you will see what you got.

You will also notice that the queen beds in campers /rvs, usually are rv size queen mattresses. (smaller in length)

My Jayco has a regular house size queen bed in it. I got lucky because I had an old one I liked and put it in.

You might be ok width wise but length wise not so sure.

See how much room you have without removing cabinets.  In our old motor home we had a double bed.  We added plywood and made the bed a queen bed.  Cheap and easy if you have the room
John 2004 Alfa See Ya DP

Make sure you can actually get it inside the RV before tearing anything apart!  It's not easy to get a big mattress inside an RV door or window.

ArdraF

My plan is to use my king size sleep number. it is light, and not hard to put anywhere as it is comprised of several smaller components.

Back
Top Bottom