TT virgin- my future?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annmargaret23

I'm 50 yrs old-single and thinking about how I want to retire. In a year & 1/2 the plan in my mind is to move out of the condo that I rent and go into a travel trailer to live full time parked in a RV park. Continue to work while paying it off, and when the time comes to travel the U.S.- have a diesel truck strong enough to pull it to wherever I decide to go.. I've been reading & researching as much as possible to the point that it's all starting to blur together.  I plan on attending an upcoming RV show in 2 weeks- I have a general idea of the things I want in my TT. I would like to buy new since this will be my home long term, without getting taken by a dealership. Am I being naive in thinking I'll be able to do this- retire & travel..? I see some negative posts and then I start to second guess myself a little - would love to hear from people who have made this their lifestyle & retirement!!  Thanks so much for anyone's help and brutal honesty please - the good the bad & the ugly :)

It's all beautiful Ann. I have been doing it for fifteen years and I wouldn't have it any other way. Check out the photos in my sig to see how much fun I have been having. It sounds daunting at first but once you hit the open road you will never regret it. We only regret the things we didn't do. No one dies thinking 'I had too much fun'. ;D

Great idea, but in actuality it may not be practical.  RVs are not very well insulated, so in cold weather heating bills can be outrageous.  Add in forzen water lines and you very well could be out of a home part of the winter.  Now, add in horrible depreciation of RVs and you could wind up spending more than stating where you are until retirement time.

Where you live will impact the practicality of your plan. If you're in the warm southern regions, then it might work well for you. If you're in the cold, snowy north, it's a lot tougher to make things livable in the winter for RVs. There are some tricks that can help a bit, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom