Dometic motor powered awning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super8mm

While searching on how to fix my Dometic awning on my 5er I came across a NHTSA recall for some of these manufactured in 2013.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM446551/INCLA-EQ13004-1902.PDF

does anyone know where the S/N is located on one of these awnings?

Thanks

Reading the recall notice, the RV manufacturer should have conducted the recall. You could call the manufacturer to confirm the recall does or does not affect your unit.

I have contacted them and I have to cut the zip ties loose to find the S/N and then put it back by myself.

I called Palomino also and the gent there told me how I might be able to do it by myself so if the weather is nice and the wind is not blowing I will give it a try next week.

My RV had a serial number list printed out on a sticker placed in the bedroom closet
My wife promptly ripped off said sticker the 1st night not knowing what it was, but I saved the pieces form the trash and took a picture for future reference.  Maybe you have such a list on a sticker or in your owners manual....
listed models and serial numbers for all the major stuff.... fridge, furnace, ac, etc...

My awning was affected by that recall. Supposedly mine was repaired before it left the factory???

Anyway, it looks like you prob have your answer....

The serial number on mine (Solera) is on a sticker at the forward end of the tube. The awning has to be fully out to see it.

Thanks blw2 & kdbgoat, I will look around to see if I can find something like that.

I did not get the owners manual, I am the 2nd owner of this unit.

I did call Puma and the gent looked up the build orders and found where they recorded it but he cant read their writing. "LOL"

he did tell me how I might be able to unroll it enough to see the S/N on the support arm, that way I dont have to unroll it all the way???

Back
Top Bottom