Back in the (uke) groove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Arrived home (in CA) from our winter sojourn to the Midwest in time for the Delta Strummers new season of weekly ukulele practices. The second half of last evening's practice was given to an open mic' session, allowing band members (solos and subgroups) to introduce new numbers to the band. We hold two of these open mic' sessions at the beginning of each season, and they always produce some interesting and entertaining results.

Unfortunately, the Buckeye Ukulele Society, of which I'm also a member, were on hiatus for the holiday season and also restarted their meetups last evening. Couldn't be in two states the same night  :(

In over 5 years, the Delta Strummers haven't cancelled any of their scheduled weekly practices. On the rare occasions our MD hasn't been able to make it due to a family emergency, someone has always stood in for him. Last night, with the torrential rain, we should have gone by boat  :eek:

Musical days ...

Monday our Music Director dropped by the house, and we played/sang several 'new' (to the band) songs in different keys. Several of the songs were introduced to the band at last evening's practice; Some great music.

Yesterday I led the singing at our retired guy's club monthly luncheon.

I had a guitar meetup today and it was cancelled. I spent a frustrating hour changing my strings and drove through a horrible amount of rush hour traffic to get there.

I have to change strings on one of my concert ukes; I have a couple of sets of Aquila strings here. As I'm sure you know, it takes a week of daily playing for those Nylgut strings to stop stretching.

Tom said:
I have to change strings on one of my concert ukes; I have a couple of sets of Aquila strings here. As I'm sure yo know, it takes a week of daily playing for those Nylgut strings to stop stretching.
Yes I know, but my metal strings didn't stretch one bit.  ;D

Yes I know, but my metal strings didn't stretch one bit.

Neither do the metal/wound strings on my 3 guitars or my two baritone ukes  ;)

Our two open mic' nights produced 19 new (to the band) numbers. Our Music director and I played/re-wrote several numbers. Our ongoing weekly practices will weed out some numbers, leaving us with great additions to our play/practice list for our formal concert.

You don't need a baritone uke. For a uke player transitioning to a guitar, you are light years ahead.

Tom said:
You don't need a baritone uke. For a uke player transitioning to a guitar, you are light years ahead.
I know I don't need one that is why I didn't buy one. I wanted to buy one but it would be a waste of money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom