Dometic Fridge not working on Propane, urgent!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martine

Leaving town in 2 wks, big move, towing my car for the first time, and fridge is not working right.  Very stressed out!

Its a 6 cubic ft Dometic 2-way fridge, Americana model.  Separate freezer door.  Some ice on fins probably due to heavy rains in Los Angeles this past month. 

I cleaned out with an air compressor, the exterior coils, flues, burner area.  Not familiar with intricacies of cleaning, just blew air everywhere to remove debris.  Set the fridge to gas switch.  Tapped the burner rod, and it suddenly came on.  However, 5 mins later, it shut off and Check light came on inside.

What could this be?  I'm parked on a fairly level spot, and cannot figure this out. I can save on costly repairs if I do this myself, so please help with some advice!!  Its very hard to get an RV repair shop in this big city.  All booked up for months and astronomically high rates!  I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has resolved this issue too. :-[

Are you sure you have plenty of propane?  Have you tried lighting your stove and letting it run for a bit?  Are your batteries charged?

There is usually a metal cover over the burner itself that can be easily removed - often just a couple of screws.  Take a closer look to see if something is stuck around the burner, e.g. a mud dauber wasp nest or a spider web. Neither blows away easily.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom