breaking systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabrown

has anyone out there had any experience with the reddi braking systems? do they work or are the one you put inside the towed vehicle better?  thankyou all ahead of time you all have been the best.  dabrown

Do you mean the Ready Brake from Nite Shift Auto?  They work, and many people use them, either the Ready unit alone or integrated into the Ready Brute tow bar. Pros and cons of one type vs another can be debated at length, but no one type has a huge advantage over another.

ready brake system / nsa rv products , just wondering if better than the eletronic or brake buddy.  dennis

To me Ready Brake is so much easier to setup. Once you hook up the toad to the tow-bar you're ready to go

Not better, just a different technology. Surge systems are mechanical (surge-type) rather than electric or air-powered.

Any of the permanently installed systems, whether air or electric  or mechanical surge, are easy to hook-up. At worst you have one more wire or hose to plug in. Only the portable systems, e.g. Brake Buddy or RViBrake, require a set-up procedure each time, and even that is no more than a 2-3 minute task.

thank you all that was kinda what i was looking for, am getting tow system installed next week , he didn't know a lot about ready system but thought it looked good, sorta using me as a guina pig , but says he will still have to charge me.  guess thats ok

I used a Ready Brute (tow bar with included Ready Brake) system for years and would do so again in a heartbeat, if I had a MH again. The older I get, the more I realize that, as wonderful as computers and electronics are, they are prone to arcane failures that I don't understand or know how to fix. Mechanical stuff I can understand (and often fix) when it goes wrong. I guess I live by the K.I.S.S. philosophy.

I have never tried Brake Buddy or any of the others of that ilk. I am sure they are good. When I bought my Ready Brute system, it was noticeably less costly than the other systems, and it just made sense to me. I installed it myself, and it performed flawlessly, even in a few panic stop situations.

:p I am using the RVi brake 2  Did not install it myself, had it done at the dealer.  It works well, but whatever you do, don't hook it up wrong.  I destroyed my toad's brakes on our first trip out.  $1200 to rebuild the brakes on my C-Max.  Make sure you understand how Exactly to hook it up.  It is easy to setup, it is also easy to get it wrong.  :p

Back
Top Bottom