Personal up date for those interested.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Spoke with the mechanic the other day.. (Thursday) and well. he was getting to take wife and new child into hospital Friday so that child can be delivered by C-Section.. Thus he is a bit.. Overwhelmed..

Took a look at his shop.. It's going to be tight fitting a Motor home on his heavy hoist but .. I did figure out how to do it..    Going to take some talking but I have the funds and as they say MONEY TALKS.  So the plan is to hit the road along about last day of Feb or Mar 1.

Other news.. one of the first Forums on Compuserver I joined back about 1990 was Diabetes.  IT was a great forum and frankly I think the things I learned there have extended my life.. Given the Primary Care Physician I had back then. I suspect I'd be dead now in fact had it now been for that forum.

Alas, our fearless leader ...  Went off the deep end and finally left us (His departure from the forum was forced, but he also has died).  and without him and the drive he brought the forum never recovered..  It has been to the point were I dare say 90% of the posts in the last year have been in one thread (FDA Recalls) and by me (I maintained that thread).

The forum is now closed.

For those who wish to follow selected FDA recalls I posting FOOD (Both human and animal feed) recalls in the cooks forum .... Medical devices and products including "Herbal Supplements" may end up in Chronic Pain.

Diabetes is a terrible disease.  There has been some research done in the UK about potentially improving Type 2 through diet and exercis . This also has benefits for those struggling to lose weight.  It is based on the Mediterranean way of eating. The book is very interesting in the theory behind the diet. The forum is a great resource too. A few folks on there have reversed their condition and lost lots of weight. I did it last year but didn't keep it up. Restarting next week.

You may find it interesting.

See link below

https://thebloodsugardiet.com

John, if you need help setting up your own forum sans Compuserve, let me know.

NO. Have no wish to set up my own forum.. Working with Merzi I will continue to post FOOD recalls in COOKS forum and medical in Chronic Pain.. I may cross Medical in Cooks as well, Not sure yet as have not had one yet to post.

Alas, The loss of the forum is painful in some ways, but it was overdue,  Back in the 90's the forum was hopping, it had more posts than all the other forums I visited (This one included) combined many days.. But of late.. Well I don't think there were 20 posts last year exclusive of the FDA Recall thread and that's all me.  So it was time.

jackiemac said:
Diabetes is a terrible disease.  There has been some research done in the UK about potentially improving Type 2 through diet and exercis . This also has benefits for those struggling to lose weight.  It is based on the Mediterranean way of eating. The book is very interesting in the theory behind the diet. The forum is a great resource too. A few folks on there have reversed their condition and lost lots of weight. I did it last year but didn't keep it up. Restarting next week.

You may find it interesting.

See link below

https://thebloodsugardiet.com

Thanks for the link.  Looks interesting. 

Jeff said:
The American Diabetes Association has an active online support community.
That's good. I know that the NHS in the UK are not yet promoting this method yet, although people who have reversed their type 2 status (and now no longer have to take medication) have started to convince their doctors who may have been sceptical about it beforehand.  Not sure what is promoted in the US. Anyhow it's working well for some people so worth a look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom