Mexico, Central and South America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StevenBeth

Has anybody rv'ed all the way through South America? Does an rv make you a target? Is it safe? Thanks to those who responded to our first letter.

Steven and Betn

We just got back from a cruise to the Panama Canal that went from Los Angeles to Panama and back up the coast. We stopped in several Central American countries and noticed a lot of barbed wire, concertina wire, chain link fences and barred windows in many of those countries.

A very real problem is medical services.  If you need medical attention there is going to be a problem.

You couldn't pay me to go there in a motorhome, in fact, you couldn't pay me to ever go there again.

Can't say about the specifics but I love the idea.

Many years ago family, friends, and self traveled all over Mexico. It was great, enjoyed the people and sights.

Looking forward to the day when things settle down a bit and I can do it again.

Hmmm.....as a far as this ex-pat from Guadalajara, who has resided in the U.S. since 1960, I thought my wife and I would go back to Mexico and retire someday, but the situation is far too precarious, for too many reasons. I know now that I will die in the U.S.  My wife who is younger, and still has folks living there, will never go back either. We fly in every couple of years, but cannot wait to return to our U.S. home. Those of you who do, and who have been extremely lucky that nothing ever happens, are well....just an accident waiting to happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom