EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Mexico, Central and South America  (Read 779 times)

StevenBeth

• ---
Mexico, Central and South America
« on: January 14, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »
Has anybody rv'ed all the way through South America? Does an rv make you a target? Is it safe? Thanks to those who responded to our first letter.

Steven and Betn

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
Re: Mexico, Central and South America
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 11:40:40 PM »
We just got back from a cruise to the Panama Canal that went from Los Angeles to Panama and back up the coast. We stopped in several Central American countries and noticed a lot of barbed wire, concertina wire, chain link fences and barred windows in many of those countries.

A very real problem is medical services.  If you need medical attention there is going to be a problem.

You couldn't pay me to go there in a motorhome, in fact, you couldn't pay me to ever go there again.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:43:30 PM by Arch Hoagland »
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

markbarendt

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:28:28 AM »
Can't say about the specifics but I love the idea.

Many years ago family, friends, and self traveled all over Mexico. It was great, enjoyed the people and sights.

Looking forward to the day when things settle down a bit and I can do it again.

cgmartin

• ---
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »
Hmmm.....as a far as this ex-pat from Guadalajara, who has resided in the U.S. since 1960, I thought my wife and I would go back to Mexico and retire someday, but the situation is far too precarious, for too many reasons. I know now that I will die in the U.S.  My wife who is younger, and still has folks living there, will never go back either. We fly in every couple of years, but cannot wait to return to our U.S. home. Those of you who do, and who have been extremely lucky that nothing ever happens, are well....just an accident waiting to happen.

Hosted by Over The Network