Should have stayed in bed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kzoo

Sometimes it's just not your week. Went to get into the Suburban (used for the upholstery business) and the doors were frozen shut. Happens here in Michigan. Finally get the doors to open, and go to open the hood to check the oil and fill the windshield washer fluid, broke off the hood pull handle. Vice grips on the cable, good pull, nothing. Finally got the hood to release, jimmied up and external cable so I can get the hood open. Whew, crisis averted. Now go out the the motor home, try to open the hood, pull wont budge! Not again! Just left it, I think I am going to wait for the January thaw!! The handle wont even move one iota, so I think either the cable is frozen or the latch is iced up. Gotta love winter!

Some days you are the windshield, some days your are the bug! For the frozen doors, take silicon spray, spray it in a rag or paper towel and wipe the rubber seals long your doors with it.  I really helps keeping them from freezing.  I know you are probably waaaay colder than we are, but we have been hovering around 0 at night and a high of 10, so had the same problem and it helped. As far as loving winter, no, not so much. But the days are getting longer so in the end, we win!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom