Complete remodel of vintage trailer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miller1651

Hey there, new to the forum. I plan to do a complete reno to a camper we just bought. Not sure of the year, guessing late 1960s. It was made in Marion, IN and has a "Skyflite" nameplate on it.

The shell is in good shape, no holes or big dents. Roof is water tight. The plan is to gut the inside, replace the water damaged floor, install a new frp ceiling, install new cabinets, seating and beds, and finally an exterior paint job.

Already have new tires, current ones are beyond dry rotted. I got it for $600 off CL, and plan to put $1500-2000 in to it.

I wanted to start this thread as a place to document the reno. Feel free to add any input or comments....and if anyone knows the make/model of this trailer let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_1533.JPG
    IMG_1533.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 83
Welcome to the site! I would think you will end up over budget depending on what it needs. It's a neat looking trailer. It will be a labor of love, as you probably will never get out of it what you put into it. Keep us posted on your progress and post pics. We love pics! If you need advice, ask away, that's the purpose of the site.

kdbgoat said:
Welcome to the site! I would think you will end up over budget depending on what it needs. It's a neat looking trailer. It will be a labor of love, as you probably will never get out of it what you put into it. Keep us posted on your progress and post pics. We love pics! If you need advice, ask away, that's the purpose of the site.

That's usually the case when doing any reno. The floor needs replaced, and some bracing up front. Other than that the skin is in great shape. I will be doing all the work with my wife or dad, so no labor costs. I work for a commercial painting company, so I've got that covered as well. Pricing everything out that I want to do, I should be witching a couple hundred bucks of my budget.

Ernie, the name badge says "Skyflite" on it. There's also a "Marion IN" tab on it, but other than that no badging...at least that I've seen yet.

Plan is to gut, remove bathroom, build three benches that double as beds for my daughter, and a slide out stoarage bench for our bed. I'm keeping it simple, both for cause and for less stuff to break!

I look forward to following your progress.  Looks like a great project.

Back
Top Bottom