Would you buy your brand of Motorhome again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

We are looking to move up to our second unit in the spring. 

I am not looking for rants here just a simple poll on if your motorhome disappeared today would you buy the same brand?  Are you satisfied with the quality or if it is an old unit could you see it was built to last but of course you have seen some expected repairs.

Thanks!

We have an '06 Mandalay, made by Thor. In 2012 the Mandalay name was dropped. The current version of the "Mandalay" is the Thor Tuscany.

Would I buy it again? Absolutely! Our next coach will be a Thor Tuscany 45AT...in a few years. The Mandalay, now with 88,000 miles and counting, is still doing just fine.

We're on our third Class A in almost 25 years - each from a different manufacturer. In those years, our RVing needs/desires/goals changed, but given the same circumstances, our answer would be yes to all three. They were all good coaches for us at the time, and none had any serious problems.

Kev

If my Motorhome dissappeared today at first I'd be PISSED, and then, possibly thankful as there is a major issue I'm about to repair

but would I buy another of the same make.. yes I would,, During the warranty period they treated me very well and post warranty all the problem save one have been minor and easily fixed, Most of what they used was First Rate and the major problem (Engine) well.... We do not (yet) know why it failed, that we won't know till we tear it down, but it may have been aqccident damage and that too is never the fault of they who built the beast

Biggest problem I can lay on Damon is loose screws,  I have found many RVers have a few screws loose.. The #2 Square bit type.

Yes I would. I also have learned much in the ++ years of having and being involved with different RV's. Yes I would buy another used Bounder diesel coach. I would also be on the lookout for a good used Fortravel, a nice used Newell and a couple of outher coaches.
Bill 

Yes, I would buy another Safari Trek, my wife and I went to a local RV show yesterday and looked at 30-40 motorhomes of all classes and did not see a single one that we would like more than our current model.  Sure some of those $500,000 luxury models were nice, but they were also much bigger than we need, also it seems the industry is back to designing big motorhomes that sleep 6-8 people with 2 bedrooms ( pair of bunk beds in one by the mid bath and master suite at the rear)  which is 4-6 more than we need.

Our Holiday Rambler Endeavor was a middle of the pack coach. No major issues, but quite a few small annoying ones. For instance I have a box full of at least 14 drawer spring latchs that I have had to replace over the last number of years. Buy them new and within a year they break. I know they are not made by Holiday Rambler, only purchased by them for installation. That said, travelling down the road is a joy, the suspension and that 400 hp Cummins is a wonderful motor.

Bill

Yup, I'd buy another, no problem.

But I wouldn't insist on a Winnebago either.

Condition, floor plan, and towing capacity would be more important than a brand name.

My purchase would be mainly driven by the floor plan first off and then the builders reputation secondly. Would I buy another Winnebago again, YES in a skinny minute IF they had a floor plan I liked, unfortunately at this time they do not have one.

We've owned three Lazy Daze Class Cs and two Monaco Class A DPs, so yes we would buy both brands again, depending on what they're producing at the time and whether it fills our needs.  Happy with what we have right now and not interested in trading it in!  ::)

ArdraF

YES I would.
Just like Isaac said. My wife & I went to an RV show in November. We didn't see ONE coach that we'd trade our for.
Fleetwood may be "entry-level", but we're just tickled to death with it.

If it was totally up to me our next RV would be a fifth wheel.  But it's not so dream on.

She loves her Bounder and would buy another just because it's not so fancy that we worry about the dogs getting on the furniture.  Family friendly.

We've had enough RVs to understand that they all have issues.  It is what it is.

I would not. I am not brand loyal to anything. If I needed a new motorhome I would look at everything on the market and make a decision at that time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom