plugged kitchen sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm.. Mine was between the D-side tires.. the handle and it's extension shaft came out thru a hole in the frame rail web. The valve itself was UP UNDER the belly wrap.. out of sight.

It's hard to see, but you may have hex head self tapping bolts with flat washers holding up the belly. If you do, just remove about 4 or 5 of them and this should allow you to pull it down just enough to look up inside with a flashlight.

BIG JOE said:
Hmmm.. Mine was between the right side tires.. the handle and it's extension shaft came out thru a hole in the frame rail web. The valve itself was UP UNDER the belly wrap.. out of sight.

Joe, when you say right side, you're talking about the curb side or passenger side. Is that right?  My Montana is on the drivers side.

Rene T said:
Joe, when you say right side, you're talking about the curb side or passenger side. Is that right?  My Montana is on the drivers side.

JEEEEZ... D-side. I always think: looking from the FRONT..

SORRY.. My Bad. Hope I didn't cause to much PIA for you showet.

P-side, D-side from now on.

BIG JOE said:
JEEEEZ... D-side. I always think: looking from the FRONT..

SORRY.. My Bad. Hope I didn't cause to much PIA for you showet.

P-side, D-side from now on.

;) No problem Joe.

Rene T said:
It's hard to see, but you may have hex head self tapping bolts with flat washers holding up the belly. If you do, just remove about 4 or 5 of them and this should allow you to pull it down just enough to look up inside with a flashlight.

Thanks to all especially Rene T.

This is what I eventually did even though I did it before I saw this. I found a slit cut in the underbelly and freed up the edge of the underbelly enough so that I could open it up and deep in the foam was a stub of where the handle used to attach. Apparently the handle was designed just to poke out of the slit cut in the underbelly fabric. I now need to find an appropriate extension and handle to attach to this.

Thanks again to all. The last couple of months has been a real learning adventure but I believe this was the last hurdle. we are now comfortable and living in the RV full time.

showet said:
The last couple of months has been a real learning adventure but I believe this was the last hurdle.

That'll be true, right up until you end up against the next hurdle.  But don't worry, we'll still be here.  ;)

showet said:
Thanks to all especially Rene T.

This is what I eventually did even though I did it before I saw this. I found a slit cut in the underbelly and freed up the edge of the underbelly enough so that I could open it up and deep in the foam was a stub of where the handle used to attach. Apparently the handle was designed just to poke out of the slit cut in the underbelly fabric. I now need to find an appropriate extension and handle to attach to this.

Thanks again to all. The last couple of months has been a real learning adventure but I believe this was the last hurdle. we are now comfortable and living in the RV full time.

Glad to see you found it. All you need is a length of 1/4-20 threaded rod available at Home Depot or Lowe's. Cut it to length. If you can find a old valve, just use the handle from it. I don't know what they're called, but they also sell a piece of hex stock, maybe 1/2" hex about 1" long and it will be threaded down through the center 1/4-20". Use this to connect the threaded rod to the existing valve. You can keep it from unscrewing by putting a locknut on each end of the hex nut. Hope I didn't confuse you.
You may be able to buy a replacement handle at any RV store or make one out of a piece of aluminum flat bar.

Rene T said:
Glad to see you found it. All you need is a length of 1/4-20 threaded rod available at Home Depot or Lowe's. Cut it to length. If you can find a old valve, just use the handle from it.

Might wana put some Thread Locker on the replacement rod and handle too ?

Sounds like the OEM one un-threaded and fell off ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom