How much to pay for a 1996 "Starquest" E150 conversion van?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McFly

I just found a nice 1996 Ford E150 "Starquest" by Starcraft conversion van with a 5.8L V8 gas engine and about 56,000 miles on it.

The Carfax looks good, with only 1 owner since it was purchased new in 1997.

Assuming it passed a mechanical inspection, around how much would you be willing to pay for one of these Starquest E150 conversion vans with 56,000 miles?

I was not able to find any online NADA values specifically for conversion vans, and Carfax just lists it as an E150 Econoline Cargo Van even though it's a custom conversion with nice windows all around, nice interior, etc. Does anyone known if lenders would value a conversion higher (or lower?) than the underlying E150 cargo van that Starcraft apparently built the conversion on? (To me personally, a conversion would be worth quite a bit more than any windowless cargo van, but not sure what it might trade in for if I had to sell it.)

Thanks!

2000 to 4000$ depending on condition
Cash is king.
And low milage dosent guarantee no problems.    That van sat unused for months at a time and that can cause just as many problems as high milage

Don't get it I had an E-150 conversion van / Class B from that era and later had a GMC 2500 conversion van from the same era, the GMC was much much better than the Ford.  It really helped that it was on the 3/4 ton platform instead of the E-150 half ton.  The E-150 was standard length and was a nightmare to drive at interstate highway speed also the drivers seating position was more cramped than in the GMC..

p.s. I think I sold that E-150 for about $900 with about 90,000 miles on it, as I recall everything worked except the air conditioner, and it took me about 2 months to sell it roughly 10-12 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom