Is there workamping for singles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Chatting recently with a buddy about workamping as a possibility in the future and he asked me a question I couldn't answer. He's on his own, and all of the workamping I've seen presumed there would be a couple working (i.e., two people each working about 20 hours a week). Are there any opportunities for single travelers?

Some places specify if a couple, each work 24 hours and if a single, he/she works 32 hours a week for the same site. This is typical, though the hours may vary in both situations. If he's just working for a free site, he may want to consider getting a part time job at Walmart, Lowes, etc. and renting a site long term. Do the math and you will find out you will probably come out ahead doing it that way.

Singles are always welcome where we host.  Oregon State Parks are always on the lookout for hard working folks willing to do what ever is necessary to keep the parks looking their best.
OSPs ask for 20 hours a week per person for a couple and 30 hours a week for a single.  5 days on 2 days off each week.  There are many places a single can work.  Such as store host, maintenance host, cabin hosts. Although cabin hosts really works better for a couple.

I am a single (lady) workamper. There are positions out there for singles. I takes longer to find them and may not always be just where you want to be. You just have to adjust some

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom