1TB data cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
How dare they! Xfinity/Comcast cable, as do many other cable providers, have a 1TB data cap. If you go over the cap, they don't throttle you back or cut you off; Instead, they add a data allowance in 50GB increments (at a price).

Data caps are like the airline baggage fees. Wanna move more luggage (data), there will be a fee for that (read revenue opportunity). I just switched from Comcast/Xfinity due to their practices on data bandwidth management. Now on AT&T gigabit fiber, no data limit per contract for 2 years.
I agree..  How dare them!
Reggie

How many movies do you have to watch to use 1 TB n a month?

If you are streaming mid level HD at say 2GB per hour  (about the rate for Amazon prime so called HD programing) real HD is much much higher, you can hit that 1TB mark in 500 hours of content, now sure that is about 21 days at 24 hours per day, now lets assume that is a family of 4 each one watching different programing, we are now down to 250GB per person per month, at 2GB per hour, not counting anything for device updates, browsing, gaming, etc. we are looking at 125 hours of programing per person, assuming 31 days in a billing month, right at 4 hours per day of HD programming per person for a family of 4.  That does not seem so hard to hit for cord cutters now does it?

It is the KOA theory  (KEEP ON ADDING) ...

I got fired from a volunteer job.. I was discussing Subscription TV services with another volunteer and I mentioned they are all crooks (Cable and Sat TV providers) well, applies to most Internet providers as well.

WHY: Well they advertise like 19.95/month but by the time they KOA the receiver rental and the premimum package and .. 99.95/month is closer to the bottom line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom