DIRECTV question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

We have two HR-34s at home with lots of season passes, I.e. Series that are recorded automatically.  We only have one account with a single address.

AND we have a non-recording receiver in our motorhome.  We are currently far enough from home that we have lost our local stations.

If I called DIRECTV and asked them to change my location (and they did it) what would happen to my local stations at home.  I'm thinking all three receivers would be changed to the new location and since the two at 'home' are out of the new locations spot beam they would no longer get any local channels.

Is that how it works?

Yes
If you subscribe to DNS you could change your recording programs to E/W coast alternate and not miss recordings of national programs.
Or not need to change to local feed.

The problem with the DNS option is this:
By law. if you get "Local" stations at home that account may not get DNS.. You need a separate RV account, RV accounts, and other mobile accounts (Semi's for example) and houses NOT in the market area of any LOCAL stations.. Qualify for DNS.

DISH: got sued and that's why they no longer offer DNS.. Direct is equally guilty but since one of their major stockholders back then was also a major stockholder of FOX news..  Direc did not get sued. OF course today DirecTV is AT&T,, But.

Though they may let you get DNS when traveling (And your locals still as well, I know they did that for me when I had an RV account with 'em) THey are not supposed to.

So far I only activate my DNS when traveling with a Genie and one client. The other HR-24 left at home does not change from its local area network reception and records as planned. I don't believe this breaks the spirit or intent of the law. The local stations still get to feed me advertising at the home receiver and they are not harmed when I travel out of the local  coverage area.

Back
Top Bottom